The old dark magician

"......." = talking

Ariana's pov

Changing appearance(check)
I look myself at the mirror, there is a average girl with brown hair and eyes. I used magic to make my appearance like this. I put on a black robe to make sure if my magic wears off by chance.

"Are you ready?"

I heard my voice run out from behind me and I turn my body to look back. I made a doll to act like me when I left.

"Yes, I'm going."

Like that, I teleport to the town where athy and I(and lucas) explored once before. Have you noticed? I can now used a few magic spell well by practicing by myself in the past few days. Teleportation, change looks and making dolls. I practice these spells for a certain reason.

Where is that shop? I'm sure I can reach there if I go from the bird cage. Ah! Is it that? I look at the shop carefully. This looks like from the story. I enter the shop and comfirm my thoughts. Yes, this is the right place.

There is a old grandpa sitting on a chair and piles of books surrounding him

There is a old grandpa sitting on a chair and piles of books surrounding him. I look directly at him without looking at any books. He is the reason I'm coming to town today.

"Grandpa! Can I ask something?"

"What do you wanna know, child?"

"You are a dark magician, right?"

"......"

I seem to be right.

"Then, do you know a way to purify a child born from black magic?"

"You are such an unique child. There is no person or living being that is the same as you in this world."

"What?"

"Hoho....this is just this old man's hobby."

Saying nonsense is your hobby?

"So what is the answer for my question?"

"Umm..a child born from dark magic... there is no way. Dark magic is like a heart for that child. If you purify that child, that is like you're killing him."

So there is no way to save jennette from the curse after all.

"And you and that child will be like a posion for each other."

"Why is that?"

"That is because you two are the complete opposite from each other. Is there anything you wanna know?"

"No"

I turn my attention from the old man and look at the books beside me. And I pick up a book with a certain title.
       [Introdution to black magic!]
Should I try learning black magic? Then maybe I could know something. I throw that thought away when I heard what the old man said.

"You shouldn't touch that, child. Black magic is a thing that harm not only the user but also the people around them."

And I went out of that shop without looking back. I came here today to find out the reason for the pain from that day and a way to purify the curse from jennette. I guess only half of my plan is successful. I shouldn't try purifying jennette ever again.

At first, I was going to ask lucas but lucas went out to find the trace of anastasius and when he comes back once a week, he only goes to meet athy so I don't have the chance to meet with him. Should I go back now?

"There are some...."
"Please buy...."
"Only two....."

Well, since I'm already here, why don't I explore for a bit. I look around the market but didn't buy anythince since I didn't take any money with me. Then,

'A forest scent?'

I suddenly smell a faint scent of forest and run toward the direction of it. In a nearby black alley, there is a man standing. He is wearing a robe so I couldn't see his face. But the scent from before was definitely coming from him.

"Excuse m..."

Before I could call out to him, he suddenly run toward the opposite of me. ??? Why did he....no, I should follow him first? And I start running after him. That is the start of playing games with the stranger.

I run after him but my stigma isn't that good as I wasn't an athlete person. I stop running and stop for a bit. But don't you dare look down on me. After resting for a second, my stigma return.(high healing mana). And I run again.

Looking at him from the back, he seems to be in his teenage. But how can he run nonstop like this? Is he even human?

"Hey! Why are you running away?"
I shout while following him.

"Why are you following me?"

"I asked first!"

"Who care?"

"I care so what?"

Our conversation somehow turns into a fight.

"Why are you running like I'm someone who will eat you?"

"How will I know you won't do that?"

This brat! He always talk back whatever I said. While cursing him internally, the scent of forest from a while ago becomes stronger. And he start floating in the sky.

What? Even I haven't master the floating magic yet. Wait! I can use teleportation. How can I forget about that?

I teleport to the sky where the man is. But it seems my direction was a little wrong so when I was about to fall back on the ground, I catch his legs.

"Hey? What the hell are you doing?"

He shouts while shaking me from his legs. But we lost the balance and together fall on the ground.

"Uga..I think some of my bones has broken."

How can he fall on a lady? A man should cover a girl when they are falling, isn't they?

"Move!"

I push him to the side and sit up. The robe that the man was wearing puts off. And I see long green hair fluttering with the color of tree leaves. But that man is wearing a cat mask so I couldn't see his face.

But that man immediately stands up and run away. I try to follow him but I fall back. My feet seems to have been twists a little while falling. And a fews man approch me who is sitting on the floor.

"Look! It seems today is our lucky day."
"We are gonna get another good."

I didn't notice that I am in a black alley while running. That jerk leaves a lady alone in a place like this. But I should get out of here first. My feet is still hurting. I need sometimes to heal fully.

"Oh! What is that behind you?"

I point at behind their back and get up. I made some gold coins to put their attention from me. I should prepare to teleport back. I take back quietly
one step....two step...three..

And the gold disappeared and the men who were taking the gold eariler look dumbfound before noticing me again.

"Hey! She is running away."

I'm glad my feet is heal now. But why did the coins athy made in the story last until a day when mine won't even last five minutes? I don't have a talent for this kind of things.

I run toward a corner and teleport back to my room.

Phew! Today was quite choatic.