6. Home or no Home

SCARLETT

That jerkish, maggoty bastard! I don't hate him for no reason. Whenever he speaks, he makes me feel nothing but pure anger.

He is taking revenge for his insults last night. Today was supposed to be a holiday, yet he called me via Linda who said he's got some urgent work for me. He already gifted me a lot to do yesterday and now more of it.

I brought back here my yesterday's files too. If after today's work I'll get some time, I'll use it for this. This is the first time I feel like resigning, but Alex's good deeds don't let me do it.

Speaking of yesterday, it was like a movie. Going to the club, drinking, beating a handful of maniacs, the best part being jibing a rich maggot twice. And today, sadly, the outcomes are out!

The minute I arrived, I was bombarded with loads of files, or should I say useless pile of garbage of the files, which he sent to me by Linda, to review and summarize.

These are the old reports of previous products of FuTech and he wants me to go through all these, jot down relevant details and prepare a summary.

In his words, 'The methods incorporated in the launch of our previous products would provide significant insights for effectively strategizing this one.' blah blah blah...

When I asked why me, he excused saying that I'm the head so I need to know it more than anyone else. We both know, this is as useless as 'ueue' in 'queue'.

I have many other tasks to take care of, than this shitty revenge mockery. Yet I could not deny his authority, the thing I hate the most.

As I'm not inside my premises, and as I just play a role in this project it would be unprofessional to decline the orders, or throw affronts at his face especially in presence of his secretary.

So here I am, sitting and scrutinizing a pile of garbage files, with an aching shoulder. The bastard that thwacked a wooden plank on my shoulder would rot in hell.

I was drawn out of the files by the chime of my phone.

"Hello", I picked the call and answered.

"Hello, is this Ms. Scarlett Walter?", a manly voiced asked me from other side.

"Yes, that's me."

"Ms. Walter, this is to inform that your rented apartment is sold to us. I'm speaking on behalf of the new owner. We want the property cleared before 8 p.m. else you won't be able to collect your belongings until tomorrow morning.", he informed in a strictly formal voice.

"What are you saying? The apartment is sold? But I received no such notice.", I said in utter shock and bewilderment.

"I'm sorry Ms. Walter but the terms between you and the previous owner is not our area of consideration."

And if my part time boxer friend unleashes her wrath on your boss, that won't be my area of consideration.

"I can sue you all for that.", I threatened.

"We know this was all of a sudden, and we are giving you enough time to make other arrangements. As for the legal matters, let me inform that it is the issue of you and your previous landlord's agreement. We are not answerable on any such matter. Thank you.", the voice said and cut the call immediately.

Another problem! Rebecca sold the apartment all of a sudden without even informing me. She can't do it, except until she's in trouble.

I tried calling her but it was of no use, the phone being switched off. I know, the old lady must have forgotten to charge the device she calls 'human controller'.