twenty-nine: frayed

!content warning in the first few paragraphs!

chapter twenty-nine❝ if you're out there, i hope that you're okay ❞frayed

chapter twenty-nine
if you're out there, i hope that you're okay
frayed

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"Kennedy, no!"

It was dark. Wherever she was.

The air whisked around her as she looked at the figure in the door. Her eyes watered as she held something in her hands. "I don't want to be like this," She cried out. She was sad. So freaking sad.

"Kennedy, this isn't you."

"Isn't it!? I'm a monster!" She shouted, holding the object in her hand. It was cold, metal, maybe.

The figure stepped closer. "You're not a monster. You're anything but. Ken, youre the best thing that's ever happened to me."

The Hale sat up abruptly in the seat she currently sat in. She leaned off the window of the back seat of Allison's car. Lydia turned around, "Someone was tired." She said. Kennedy groaned, rubbing her eyes. "How are you feeling?"

Kennedy rose a brow, "How do you think I'm feeling?" She asked, leaning back on to the window.

Allison purses her lips, "My dad said you could stay with us for a few days, to clear your head." She remarked. The two human girls in the front felt bad for their friend, who just lost her cousin.

"I'm fine, really," Kennedy mumbled. "Honestly, a road trip with my two best friends is just what I needed." Kennedy remarked, "Even if it's to stalk my boyfriend and a bunch of hormone filled werewolves."

Allison looked ahead, "Am I getting too close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?"

Lydia twirled her hair with her fingers, "That depends." She began, "Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?"

"Yeah, I should back off."

Kennedy sat up, "Well, that also depends." She shrugged.

"Oh, do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?" Lydia said as she scratched the back of her neck.

Allison shrugged, "Well, after what happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." She followed. Kennedy and Lydia hummed in response. "And by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door."