Chapter 69

After the Doctor had examined Hames, he still didn't wake up.

"Will he be fine?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"He has been sedated, and he has a fever. He has to eat and rest well enough. I'll prescribe some medication for him to take."

"Okay, Doc." I sighed. 

He wrote the medication down then took his leave. I accompanied him to the door and locked it.

Where the hell were the other maids and security? How could Samantha have entered this house so easily?

I returned up the stairs and to Hames, taking a seat beside him on the bed.

I combed his hair with my fingers, unable to take my gaze off him.

He looked really tired in his sleep. Well… he still looked as handsome as ever.

I felt like pulling him into a tight hug and bursting into tears because I was clearly the main reason he wasn't well.

I couldn't believe I let Samantha create such a rift between us, I felt so terrible for not being patient enough.

Planting a kiss on his forehead, I covered him with a duvet to let him rest properly.

***

"Hi, Faith." I said into the phone.

"Hi, is Hames awake yet?" She asked.

"No, not yet. It's been 8 hours now, I'm getting so worried."

"You should sleep, you shouldn't be up this late. Don't forget you're pregnant."

"I know, but I want to watch him wake up. I feel so guilty for everything, for not waiting to listen to him, for not trusting him at least, and it's my fault he's… wait, how ill is he?"

"Well… before I left, he hardly ate anything, he hardly slept, he was always worrying about you, he didn't go to work and was always grumpy to everyone." She replied.

I moaned.

"It's not your fault. Please calm down and sleep or I'll rush down there to put you to bed."

I heaved a sigh. "Fine, I'll sleep. Ensure you rest too and get treated."

"My cuts have been treated, all thanks to Mia. I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning. Please go to bed now."

"Don't lose the video, that's very important," I said and I think I heard her gulp, "and bring everything I have there."

"I will. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I ended the call with a yawn, returning to our room and slipped beside Hames.

***

"She's still here? Wow, such a long dream." I was called out of my sleep by that extremely charming voice of a King I called my husband… wait, Hames?

My eyes snapped open and the first thing they landed on was Hames standing beside the bed, slowly sipping whatever was in the mug he was holding.

I jerked to sit upwards, staring around. In two seconds, my memory flashed back to everything that had happened yesterday.

"You're finally awake." I didn't know what to do; whether to smile, or start asking questions, or start apologizing, or start crying.

He was only staring at me with a blank expression, still sipping whatever was in the mug.

He dropped the mug on the bedside table and took a seat beside me, staring at my entire body. "So you're actually here? I'm pretty sure I'm still dreaming." He chuckled.