chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen

"What you doing pretty girl?" Ezra asked Haven as she laid at the end of his bed.

"I'm thinking if I want to go see my dad."

That made Ezra sit up in shock, he knew everything that went on with their family so that shocked him.

"Why would you?"

"Closure." She spoke. "Maybe that's why we react the way we do when she gets bought up because we don't know how to accept and let go."

"You talked to your sisters about this?"

"Only Genesis. I don't think Flaire and Indigo would be okay with it, even though I'm not looking for them to be. It's my closure."

"Maybe y'all need family therapy, it helped my family."

"Y'all did family therapy?" Haven asked confused. As far as she knew they were always the perfect family, leading other people by example.

"Yeah." Ezra nodded playing with her toes. "My parents fell out of love, they'll argue every day, barely touched each other, it led to separation. Therapy was how they fell back in love."

"Did anyone cheat?"

"Not that I know of but I doubt it."

Haven nodded her head feeling jealous. She wished her parents would've tried therapy, maybe it would've prevented a lot of things.

A knock sounded on Ezra's door making both of their attention go onto it as he yelled for whoever it was to come in.

"Ezzy did you- oh hey Haven." Regina greeted making Haven slightly wave. "Did you ever get the chance to get all my work?"

"Oh shit, yeah. It's right there on the dresser." He pointed making her grab it. 

"Thank you, your mom said to tell you to put your basket outside your room."

"Tell her I already did my laundry."

"Okay, thank you again." She spoke closing the door then opened it back up. "Also can you come with me to get the rest of my things?"

"Yeah, we could do it later."

"Thank you Ezzy." She spoke walking out as Haven continued looking at the door.

"If you decide to go, I'll go with you for support," Ezra told her making her smile. 

"That'll mean a lot to me. With everything going on lately, it feels weird to have something going so right."

"We'll always be right." He kissed her foot making her pull it back.

"That's nasty Ezra." She laughed. "Can we watch tv now?"

"All you ever wanna do is watch tv."

"And all you ever wanna do is play the game."

"You in my business?"

"Don't play with me." She threw a pillow at him making him catch it.

"Football player babygirl." He smirked making her bust out laughing.

"You're so corny."

"What you wanna watch?" He asked grabbing the remote.

"Something scary."

"You the only person I know who is always in the mood for something scary, you trying to become a serial killer?"

"Possibly." She smiled laying on her stomach.