Chapter 1: What now?

Killer walked around the village, she had been asked by her parents to go buy some seeds to plant and some other materials. Killer smiled as she saw the things she needed to get. She bought some seeds and then grabbed the rest, she paid some money and silently snuck two apples inside her pocket.

"Thanks for buying," smiled the merchant. He looked very happy and pleased, though Killer knew the only reason was that someone from the Target family bought from his story. Specifically, a while ago she discovered that apparently, she was one of the prettiest women in the village. Which confused her but she mostly ignored it.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you" Killer smiled before she walked away, when she knew she was far away she snuck the apple out and started eating it. Soon after she arrived back home, she was greeted by Grey. She smiled back at him.

"Did you steal an apple for me too?" asked Grey, whispering. Killer nodded and gave him his apple before walking inside the house.

"Hello mother," Killer says smiling.

"Hello Killer, just leave the things on the table" Mrs. Target smiled, Killer nodded and walked to the kitchen. She left all the supplies and things in there.

Killer walked up to her room and entered it, then she changed into her training clothes. She made sure no one was watching and opened her window and soon jumped out of it, in mid-air she turned into a bird. She flew around the neighborhoods and suddenly stopped in one. Some children had caught her attention.

Killer lowered herself to the tree branches and hid there, when she was sure she couldn't be seen she turned back to her own form.

"Elder brother, who are the Targets?" asked a young boy, around Grey's age.

"A very strong and agile family, rumor says they have a shapeshifter daughter," the older one says.

"Yeah sure, liar" sighed the younger one again.

"You really don't believe me?" teased the eldest brother "they are one of the wealthiest families in the village! They are normally targets of assassin groups since legend says they used to be protectors of this village"

"They would hunt for the poor, fight against any other kingdoms or assassins, etc. They were the greatest and nicest but suddenly one day the strongest kingdom took control over our village, they tried to fight back but most of their relatives were killed so they had to fall and hide. It's said they have stopped practicing attacking and fighting, but they are said to be some of the most beautiful or most handsome people in the town" explained the elder brother.

"Wow... who knew that one family could be so strong" exclaimed the younger brother, "but how are they wealthy?" asked the younger again.

"As soon as they noticed they failed they took as much land as they could, started farming and hunting, and then selling as much as they could '' the elder one explained once again. "They were very organized, normally they marry those with high status to keep the money going, plus there are still rumors that they are assassins and kill strangers for money" explained the older brother, he was just trying to scare the younger ones.

Killer gave a low scoff at this she got up and turned back into a bird, soon flew above the children. Shocking the older one and making the younger shriek in fear.

Killer gave a sharp turn and headed back home, though she tried to be discreet. She also turned into a species of bird that stayed around the castle all year long. Even if it is winter.

When she came back she just went to one of the tree branches and went back to her usual form. She grabbed a ponytail and tied her hair up.

"Family Target" a man's voice called, Killer looked over and saw a knight from the castle. She slowly headed to the ending branches of the tree which she knew could hold her weight.