17. Reunión

●●●●●●

●●●●●●

Amelia Weasley was cooped up in her room for the rest of her summer vacation. The books that she hoarded being her only friend and outlet from the reality she was drowning in.

Having Harry Potter in the Burrow for the last month of summer didn't help Amelia's case. Having her mother gush over him and cook all his favorite foods, her father constantly finding the time to ask Harry questions about the muggle world he comes from, and hearing the fits of laughter he shared with her brothers. The ones who seemed to adjust well to a life without the young Slytherin.

But that didn't matter to Amelia now. Her mind was set on the train that was Hogwarts bound, all she had to do was wait one more day.

The evening before September first, Molly Weasley prepared a supper that included all of Harry's favorite food, and a display of fireworks from Fred and George that lit up the kitchen in red and blue stars lasting a good hour. One of the sparks managed to bounce on Amelia's arm, causing her to wince slightly from the pinch.

After that incident, not wanting to get hit with any more sparks, Amelia retired to her bed. Already anticipating the next morning with glee. She couldn't wait to finally leave the Burrow after the agonizing summer.

Her mind is filled with scenarios of reuniting with Marceline and Mandy on the train, hugging Justin and Ernie when she meets up with them near the train, and catching up with her favorite, now, third year Slytherin.

The scenarios soon let the Weasley slip into a peaceful slumber. Which got distributed when the first ray of sunshine sneaked into her room. Amelia woke slowly, her eyes fighting to stay closed. She sat up in her bed, listening intensely for any sign of others being up. And to her delight, there wasn't any.

The Weasley got herself ready quickly before anyone else woke up. Amelia managed to shower and brush her teeth when she heard noises coming from the kitchen.

Amelia quickly dashed to her room. Her trunk had been ready for over a week now, eager to return to school. She picked up the trunk, with struggle, as she dragged it down the stairs, bumming into her brothers along the way and Ginny who seemed extremely nervous. Once she reached the end of the stairs, Amelia noticed the fact that she would be the one having to place her trunk in the car.

"It's too heavy. Wish I could use magic." Amelia thought as she dragged the trunk across the yard and into the back of her dad's small Ford Anglia.

When it was time to leave, Amelia awkwardly sat next to her twin, who made sure there was a space between them.

" Muggles do know more than we give them credit for, don't they?" Mrs. Weasley said, looking back to tell Harry as she and Ginny sat in the front.

The drive was relatively quiet, as quiet as it can be for the Weasley family with Fred and George joking around and arguing with Percy and Ron. Amelia stuck to looking out the window watching other cars zoom by.