31: Will you Marry Me?

Bella

I was a bit nervous and a lot more excited as I slowly pushed open our bedroom door to head downstairs. I was curious to see what Lucca's reaction would be when he sees me all dolled up. I shifted slightly as I ran one hand down my belly, trying to tame the butterflies running wild in my belly. I don't why, but I wanted to look good for him. To make him proud of me.

Calm down Bella; It is just a birthday party and nothing more... Calm down.

All the 'take it easy' mantra went right out the window the moment I was completely out in the corridor. The entire hallway was lit with million and million of tea-light candles. They were all arranged beautifully along the path leading to the staircase at the end of the corridor. Alternating among them were small rose bouquets that made the entire area look like a dream. There were also rose petals covering the entire marble floor.

"Omg..." I gasp in utter surprise. I was speechless to how beautiful it all looked and I wondered when on earth have they done it. Just couple of hours before getting ready the entire hallway was spotless and not a single hint of all this. A total opposite of the scene right in front of me.

"Angel." I was so busy admiring the arrangement in front of me that I forgot to move. But then Lucca deep sexy voice pulled me out of my shock. It was coming from somewhere down, a bit far from my liking. I like Lucca around me all the time. I like his warmness to always be around me.

I carefully walk through the petals, not wanting to ruin the beautiful arrangement but wanting so bad to see my Lucca now. This man knows exactly what to do, and he doesn't do anything lightly. He knows that I belong to him, and he belongs to me.

I reach at the top of the step and gasp loudly at the view in front of me. The stairs banister was lined up with fabulous floral strips entwined with LED fairy lights. Each step was covered with rose petals. There were bubbles in the air along with rose scent.

This man, my heart melts ever more seeing all the beautiful thing Lucca has done for me.

"OMG Angel." I hear Lucca gasp my name once again but this time in disbelief.

I move my eyes quickly towards him and just like earlier today, Lucca stood right at the bottom of the steps. He had a huge bouquet of flowers in his hand. And the look in his eyes said it all. He appreciated all the hard work that Lulu and her assistant did. After all they did spend ungodly amount of time making me look this pretty. I looked super elegant with the soft makeup and super hot in the burgundy dress, if I do say myself.

I smile at him as I slowly took one step at a time toward my man.

As I reached the bottom two steps I looked up at him and took in his ensemble. He looked sexy as sin in his black charcoal tux. I mean there has to be some kind of law against looking this sexy in tux. He was tall and has muscles in all the right places, making him even more attractive. I ogle him for a second or two longer before moving my eyes back to his face and taking the last two steps.

"Angel, you look..." He says as his ocean blue eyes roam all over me once again. It was like he was silently devouring me with his dark eyes and I loved it.

"I look what?" I laugh shly.

His eyes come back to me and a soft smile slips on his full-lips. "You look gorgeous angel." He shifted the huge bouquet to one hand as he quickly moves closer to me and wraps his other hand around my waist pulling my closer to his chest. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you Lucca." I rest my hand over his muscular chest and look up at him with a huge smile on my face. 

"You look very handsome Lucca." He dips down and kisses me gently. I move my hand to the lapel of his suits and take hold of them.

"We need to stop or we won't be going anywhere." I hear him say under his breath and my cheeks flush.

"Angel, Happy Birthday." He wishes me again as he hands the beautiful bouquet of red roses.