iv

"I don't know Tanya, I am not in a situation where I can ask the police how long it would take," Ashwin said.

Tanya sighed, "Is it mandatory for you to stay there? They know who you are right."

Ashwin rolled his eyes, "Yes they do, but that doesn't mean they'll let me go from an active crime scene, and neither would I allow that. Konjam naal than."

"What should I say to your brand endorsers? Your schedules?"

"I don't know, isn't that your job? En schedules ah Harish paathuparu. Just issue a statement or something."

Silence came from the other line before she said, "Okay, I'll state your endorsers. You be safe, okay?"

"Yeah, naa aparam pesaren." As soon as he put his phone down, it rang again. It was an unknown number. Ashwin narrowed his eyes, this was his personal number, very few people had it. Nervously, he answered it.

"Hello?", the line was silent. "Hello?" he repeated.

"Naa yaarunu theritha?"

Ashwin relaxed as he recognized the voice, a small smile appeared on his face and he said, "Therilaya, customer care ah?"

Sivaangi sighed in disappointment, "Sathiyama naa yaarunu therilya?"

Ashwin chuckled and said, "Therilanga, therinja naa solirpen."

Sivaangi caught on to his teasing and said, "Oh appadiya. Seri, appo ungaluku Sivaanginu oru ponna theriyuma?"

Ashwin pretended to think about it for a moment before saying, "Aan! Antha kulama, eppovume paditae irupale, antha ponna?'

Sivaangi suppressed a smile and said, "Hello, ava avalo kulam la kediayuthu. Neenga palm tree mathiri valantha ava enna panuva."

Ashwin walked towards the window and peeked down on the garden. He could faintly make out her figure sitting on a bench. A fond smile came upon his face and he said, "Ennaku therinja avaluku naa height ah irukarthu romba pudikum."

Sivaangi raised an eyebrow and said, "Athu epadi unagaluku theriyum?"

Ashwin laughed again, it felt like a dream to be speaking with her like this again, "Avaluku en heartbeat kekarthu romba pudikum."

A strong blush crept up on her cheeks and Sivaangi has filled with butterflies again, "Ithellam ungaluku epadi theriyum?"

Ashwin hummed, "Athalam theriyum. Athalam veliya solla koodathu."

Sivaangi stood up from the bench and looked around, before spotting him looking from a window. Ashwin winked at her and she said into the phone, "Veliya vaanga.", and with that, she cut the call.

Ashwin raised an eyebrow at her through the window, for which she gestured for him to come out. Complying, he hurried out of his room and almost dashed into Sarath.

"Partner enna enga ivalo avasarama poringa?", he asked.

Ashwin scratched his head and looked around for an excuse, "Athu,"

Sarath looked at his fumbling partner confused. His gaze shifted to the phone in his hand, and it clicked.

"Oh, oh apadi." he said teasingly. Ashwin shook his head while trying not to smile, "Dei appadi lam illa da.'

"Illa illa, ennaku purinjirichu. Intha ranagalathilayum ungaluku oru kilukilupu."

"Athellam onnum illa. Nee itha pathi yaarkittayum solla vendam.", Ashwin said. Sarath nodded, "Na solla pa, naa ethume pakala." With that, he let Ashwin go.