Together

The door pushes open and out steps a very solemn looking Lucius Malfoy.
"(Y/N)!", he says. His face lights up suddenly like a switch has flicked.
"Hello sir". I feel weird having read what I've just read.
"So you read Draco's diary".
"What???", I say.
"So you didn't eat dinner", he repeats.
Merlins beard that was scary.
"No sir, I wasn't hungry. The food looked lovely though", I haven't even taken a peek at the food.
"Please, call me Lucius", he smiles with his sickly white teeth.
"Are you sure you're not hungry? I'd hate to send you to bed starving", he says.
He seems so nice but now that I've read that diary entry I can just see the image in my head. The image of him towering above Draco, shouting at him, hurting him... it's too much. If I look at him any longer I might do something I'd regret.
"No, no don't worry. Im not hungry at all. I must go into my room now and get changed", I try to get rid of him.
"Okay well if you require anything, I'm always here", he smiles again before walking out the door and down the stairs. I watch him as he walks. He doesn't turn back again.

I march into my room and sit on bed.
I don't know what to do now. I can't confront Draco because then he'll know I went through his diary and i know he'll be raging. He wont trust me again. I curse myself in my head. Why did I go into their room at all?

I think back over what I read and everything seems so clear. It's like I'm reading it for the first time again. "She's beautiful".
That line sticks in my mind. I imagine hearing him saying it out loud to me.
I don't know how I would react.

Draco and Blaise knock on my door and I let them in.
"Hey guys", I sit back down on the bed.
"Alright?", Blaise asks.
"Ya I'm fine, just tired. How was dinner?".
"Nice. You want some? We saved a little bit", Draco begins.
"No I'm fine, not in the mood".

They sit down on the bed next to me and I look at Draco.
His silver hair is slightly messy now that it's the end of the day.
"What business do you think Dumbledore was doing with Hagrid?", he says suddenly.
"No idea. Maybe something about the stone?", I say.
"I thought the stone was finished with?", Blaise asks.
"Yeah, so did I. I'll ask Hagrid when we go back. He's not the best at keeping secrets", I laugh to myself.
The boys seem unusually quiet.

"You guys okay?", I ask.
"Ya we're fine. Just worried about you", Blaise says and Draco nudges him slightly.
"Worried? Why?".
"You seem...off", Draco says hesitantly.
"But I'm fine? Is this because I didn't eat dinner".
"Not just that".
"You're overreacting".
"No I'm not".
"Guys stop", Blaise finally chimes in.
"Just forget it (Y/N)", Draco storms out of my room and slams the door.

"What's his issue?", I turn to Blaise.
"No idea. Probably something to do with his Dad", Blaise sighs.
"They don't get along do they".
"You could say that".
"How are you though?", I realize I haven't asked him in quite a while.
"I'm fine. Just worried about everyone".
I smile. "You need to learn to worry about yourself first".
"Believe me, I do that too", he admits.
I laugh and flop down onto the bed so that I'm lying on my back.
"Blaise".
"Ya?", he says leaning back on the bed with me.
"I did something bad", I sigh heavily.
"Like what?", he asks.
There's a silence. All I can hear is the clock in the corner ticking away.
"I read Draco's diary".

"He has a DIARY?", Blaise starts to laugh uncontrollably.
"BLAISE! This isn't funny", I shout.
"It kind of is. I mean who keeps a diary these days?", he continues to laugh.
"Uh, me! And Draco so shut up".
"Okay, okay. Blimey, maybe I should start keeping one in that case", he jokes.
"Oh ya, dear diary, Blaise here. Today I was an absolute knob head", I say sarcastically.
"You're so complimentary I swear", he rolls his eyes and sits up leaning his head on his arm.
"So what? You read his diary. Bit nosy of you (Y/N) I cant lie but that's not too bad", he comforts.
"It's not that Blaise. It's about what I found in the diary", I sit up too.

"What did you find out? That he's hopelessly in love with Professor McGonagall or something?".
"Can you ever be serious? Like just for one minute", I say irritated.
"Merlins beard okay sorry. I didn't realize it was that bad".
"I read something about his Dad".
"Lucious?"
"Yes. I read something about him... hurting Draco and his Mom".
There's another silence.
"Hurting? In what way?", He's more serious now.
"Shouting and stuff. Getting aggressive. Threatening to kill Draco if he got into Gryffindor. Even physically hurting him", I say quietly.
"Bloody hell. But he seems so nice", Blaise whispers.
"I know. But clearly he's not. I'm so worried about Draco and I want to talk to him about it but I don't know how to tell him I've read his diary. I feel like such a bad friend", I fall back onto the bed again.
"(Y/N), you're not a bad friend at all. You're amazing. You made a mistake reading his diary but to be honest it's kind of a good thing. At least now we know what he's going through and can try to help him.", he pats my arm.
"I guess you're right. I feel awful. Why wouldn't he tell us".
"Well I mean, he probably didn't want us to think less of him. Or his family", Blaise points out.
"But we wouldn't. I thought Draco knew that. I mean the only person I think less of is his Father obviously".
"Same. I didn't expect that from him. He seemed so nice".
"Come on. We should go and talk to him. I don't know how we're going to do this but we will. Together", I put out my hand and he takes it in his. His hands are soft and warm.
"Together", he smiles.

We knock gently on the boys door.
"Draco?".