Chapter 17

"arousing you, arouses me"

_______________________________________

I parked the car in the garage. Me and Lara silently got out of the car and took our bags from the trunk. I smiled at her a little bit. I locked the car and closed the garage behind us.

'Bye, babe' I said to her.

'Bye, L. And don't worry everything will be just fine' she said and gave me a small smile. Then she walked over to her house with hands full of bags, but so were mine. After the Alexander-pretending-to-be-my-boyfriend in front of Arthur so he won't freak out, me and Lara went shopping a little more and then we decided to go back home. With my head bent down I walked to the house.

'I am home!' I screamed but it was silent in the house after a while of me standing in the hallway I felt someone watching me. I let go of the bags I was holding and turned around, ready to beat someone's ass. But as soon as I turned around I freezed.

'What the fuck are you doing here?!' I screamed at him.

'Nothing much. Just came to rob you, you know how it goes,' he said with a smirk and took a sip of scotch, I think.

'Alexander, what the fuck are you doing in my house?!' I screamed at him, again. He smirked at me, ignoring my question. I rolled my eyes at him.

'Whatever' I said and took the bags back to my hands. I was about to go to my room when my dad stopped me.

'Livy! I didn't know you're home already' he said and drank something from his cup.

'I screamed that I was home and no one answered,' I said and rolled my eyes at him.

'One day, if you keep rolling your eyes, they will get stuck in your brain,' he said and I raised my eyebrows at him. Alexander quietly laughed at us.

'Really, dad?' I said and he just nodded his head seriously.

'Anyway, what is he doing here?' I asked my dad and pointed to Alexander. He glanced at him then back at me.

'Oh, he is here with Charlie. I invited them for a drink, to catch up,' he said and I nodded my head.

'Put your bags down in your room and come sit with us in the wine room. I am sure Alexander will be more than happy to help you, right?' my dad said and looked at him with raised eyebrows.

'Mmh, yes, yes, sir,' he said and took a few bags from my hands.

'Oh, please call me Gabriel,' my dad said and left for the living room. Alexander went in front of me to the second floor. I was right behind him. When we were up he headed to my room.

'How the hell do you know where my room is?' I asked him when we came in. We placed the bags on my bed.

'Every door was a little opened, only yours was fully closed, so I thought it may be your room' he said and shrugged. I shook my head and crossed my arms on my chest. No one said anything.

'Thank you, Alexander' I said all of a sudden. He turned his body to me and looked at me surprised.

'For what?' he asked with a grin and then he also crossed his arms on his chest.

'For saving my ass at the mall. I never said thank you so, thank you, I guess' I said and looked at my shoes then back at him. He was looking at me, frowning and studying every part of my face.

'No worries, Olivia. I'll do it anytime' he said and I knew he meant it. Every time he says something and uses my name, I know he really means it when he says my name. I smiled at him.

'Livy! Alexander! Are you two coming down?' my dad shouted at us from downstairs.

'We are coming dad!' I screamed. Alexander gave me an amused look and pointed to the door.

'Shall we?' he said and waited until I walked first through the door. I rolled my eyes at him and walked through the door.

'You know I can open the door for myself? I have hands,' I said and stuck out my palms to his face. He smiled and pulled my hands down.

'I know, you are an independent woman that doesn't need a man for nothing blah, blah, blah Yeah, I already heard that but let me be a gentleman and do it for you' he said and smiled. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms on my chest.

'Okay, anything else you feel like you need to say before I am going to have a fight with you, man that doesn't support feminism?' I asked him cockily.

'First, I support feminism. I, myself, am a feminist. I am also a gentleman. I like to open doors for women, car doors, pay for the date etcetera, etcetera, etcetera' he said and also crossed his arms on his chest.

'Alright. I like that. Anything else Mr. Gentleman?' I said with a grin.

'Yes. Please do not ever roll your eyes at me or I'll have to punish you' he said with a smirk. I smirked.

'We'll see about that,' I said and stared into his eyes. I felt naked under his gaze. Completely exposed. It felt like he could see through me. Every inch of my mind. Every inch of my body. I felt vulnerable around him. I never feel vulnerable or powerless around anyone.

'Are you two coming down or what?!' my dad shouted and I woke up from the tranz.

'We should go down,' I said and walked down the stairs with Alexander right behind me.

'We are going for a home-tour to Alexander's penthouse. Are you coming with us, Livy?' my dad asked me. I looked confused at him and frowned.

'You should really come with us. Alexander has a really beautiful and new penthouse. I am sure Alexander would be more than happy if you'll come with us. Am I right, Alexander?' Charlie asked Alexander and he nodded his head and now they were all looking at me. I sighed.

'Do I even have a choice?' I asked and rubbed my eyes.

'You are right. You don't. You are a woman, and my daughter you'll listen to everything I say' my dad said and I gave him a dead glare and he bursted into laughter. He always makes jokes about me being a feminist.

'Dad, even you know that if a man would ever say this to me, you would kill him' I said and looked at him.

'You are right. But I am your dad so I can make fun of you' he said and gave me a side hug.

'Shall we go now?' he asked and we all nodded our heads.

'Of course. Olivia, do you mind going with Alexander? I would like to talk to your dad about something, private?' Charlie said and I hesitated. What do they want to talk about? I don't want to go in one car alone with Alexander. First, it is weird and second, you never know what will happen between us.

'Sure' I said and smiled. On the way out Alexander opened the front door for me and also his car door. I said thank you both times and now we were in a car. Alone. Alexander started the car and played some music. River by Leon Bridges was playing. We were humming to the rhythm the whole song. Some parts Alexander sang and I am happy that he feels confident enough around me to sing.

'I am happy you are coming with us. I don't know what I would do with these two. All they talk about is work, alcohol, work, cars, work, women and again work' Alexander said and I giggled. He laughed a little and looked at me. I looked at him back and I saw a spark in his eyes. He was really happy.

'I like to see you happy'