epilogue

Issue. June 18th 1998

The Daily Prophet
Death Eater Roundup

It has officially been declared that those who were not deceased before the Battle of Hogwarts ended, have been found by Aurors and incarcerated for their crimes. No loyal Death Eaters remain free.

After the events of the battle of Hogwarts the Ministry took action immediately, capturing those still faithful to the opposing forces after Lord Voldemort's fall.

In this case, Draco Malfoy along with his mother, Narcissa Malfoy became the only reformed Death Eaters, each granted probation under house arrest for periods of time. For Draco, six months and for Narcissa, a year.

Draco Malfoy's alleged school sweetheart, Athena Greene gave a witness defence statement in court, proving his innocence. Other friends of his including Blaise Zabini, Maeve Rivière, Pansy Parkinson and Luna Lovegood also defended the Malfoy boy. Even Harry Potter himself declared Malfoy's reformation as 'should be a guarantee'. Those are some loyal friends he has.

Lucius Malfoy was imprisoned for life after attempting to convince the Wizengamot that he was faithful by revealing the location of those needed to be incarcerated. Both his son Draco and wife Narcissa gave a statement accounting for his condemnation of the Wizarding World, providing proof of his loyalty to the Dark Lord and threat.

He was proven to have committed vile acts against many but those that stuck out most in court were the murders committed, including the 1984 assassination of Atticus Greene (who was known as Atticus Rivière, discussed in earlier issues) and the murder of Cedric Diggory. It was also revealed that Lucius attempted to kill Athena Greene several times and even kidnapped her during the war.

The Ministry court acted courteously in the case of justice. He now resides within the walls of Azkaban along with those he sold out for his failed redemption.

For more details on this case, go to page 14.

Athena set down the edition of the Daily Prophet, weirdly content yet felt rather exposed and intruded on. She had never seen her name in the papers before. She'd never seen her name anywhere.

During the time of which Draco's trial took place, stress had been on high demand. He had been so sure that they would send him away, lock him up but Athena always felt the opposite. For the first time in a while, she was reunited with optimism.

The reveal of her father's truth to the public came all too surprisingly. They'd needed the evidence that Lucius Malfoy should have been imprisoned long ago. Therefore, Narcissa revealed her memories of the events, proving she had known everything and covered it up for her own safety.

Before Athena knew it, her family's name was all over the Daily Prophet. She should have expected this really. The Rivière name was just as famous across the Wizarding World as the Malfoy's.

When Draco's sentence had been revealed many were pleased. Others were not. After all, he was still a Death Eater. But they didn't know. How could they?

The outcome for Narcissa's sentence had been less clear. No one knew what the Wizengamot would decide. Alas, they gave her similar leniency to Draco, however doubling her time of house arrest.