a g a v e a m e r i c a n a

Natsukashi, euphorically nostalgic, triggered by experiencing something for the first time in many years

I never knew i was going to experience it, today.

Bright sunlight streams through the windows as curtains are drawn and it falls directly on my eyes making me groan. Who the fuck decided to invent waking up and going to school?

"Rise and shine, Xavy-poo!"

"Get the fuck out."

"I am going to tell dad that you cussed! You remember that one night you had to cover for me, but you forgot to do so, and dad took my spa-"

"Tessa, if I wanted a headache, I could have seen that vampire thing you watch all day."

"How dare you. Dam-"

My mom entered my room and Me and Tessa glanced at each other. My mom, she definitely was the epitome of patience-not. We were counting how much time would she take to start her lecture.
Anytime in 5, 4, 3-
"Tessa, I aksed you to wake your brother up. Not start a fight with him. And Xavier, you are going to be 18 in a few months. Don't you think you should start being mature?"

Despite how uncool and strict she might sound, she's definitely the opposite. She was  in a bad mood because there was a software malfunction at her company a few days back and all her documents on the computer were altered. She, along with my dad were working relentlessly to solve this issue which resulted in them coming home very tired, and if me and Tessa even spoke loudly or we forgot to do something, our life on this planet would cease to exist.

My mom, Elisa Angel, met my dad, Roman Knight through a business deal. My mom wasn't willing to sell a plot to my dad's company, that was highly profitable for him. My mom told me that at first they hated each other's guts, and well, at present I guess it worked out well.

Growing up, we were very comfortable. My dad inherited Knight Corp from my grandad, which was leading back then as well. We had always been at the top of the food chain and gained a lot of allies. Angel services, my mom's company was also profitable and was the leading companies among others that offered financial advice to other businesses.

"Tessa, I need you your help, we need to select furniture for Colt's room. Come with me right now and Xavier, if you don't  shower in 10 minutes, I am going to take your camera." Oh hell no.

Tessa shoots me victory smirk and suddenly I have the world's greatest urge to throw her off a cliff. That would be so satisfying.

I manage to leave my home without any more death threats. I hate being chauffeured, so my dad allowed me to buy a car for my 16th birthday. My car, she's the most precious thing ever.

I get into the car and place my bag safely. The bag in question being the one that has my camera.

I have been into photography since my uncle first told me about his passion with Journaling and told me that every person has that one hobby that do it for themselves.  What is it going be for you? He had asked. After 2 months, I found my passion in picturing moments.

I reached the school and my friends weren't around so I went to the our school's music hall that has an attached art gallery attached to it. It has beautiful French windows, letting the perfect amount of sunlight through it and illuminating through whole room. And adding to the beauty is paintings adorning the wall and various statues and artefacts. My personal heaven. I love taking pictures here. It's pleasing to look at, and my journal needs some for this month.

Around 10 minutes, I hear light steps and I turn behind, ready to lash out at the intruder. When I saw her, I realized what a petty being I am for capturing pieces of art in front of me,when in reality, the epitome of art- not just a beautiful piece- was standing behind me.

I think time did not halt, time just said 'goodbye bitches'. She was around 5'7 - 5'8 , had the most alluring hazel eyes hidden behind her cute glasses,and dark brown hair in a ponytail and clad in the school uniform. Her lips were slightly parted and eyes widened, taking in the surroundings and the beauty of the hall, I almost snorted, it had nothing on her. Her eyes stopped at me and scanned me, and I fucking squirmed under her gaze. I need to get my shit together.

After a few seconds that seemed like a lifetime, her face broke into the most enchanting smile I had ever seen. I thought she was going to introduce herself.

But she just turned and walked away.

And I don't have a reason to feel the regret and discontent if not talking to her but I feel it. I should feel happy that I don't have to talk to humans. But I wasn't.

I did something I thought I would never do.

I started to strike a conversation with her.

"You new?"

And I am glad I did.

------‐--------------‐--------------‐--------

AGAVE AMERICANA:

Century plant, or Agave americana, is monocarpic, meaning it blooms once in its lifetime.
Refers to the feelings Xavier experiences that he never did before, when he sees Sophia.

------‐--------------‐--------------‐--------