Chapter 07 : Identity

Chaeyeon's fangs are mere inches from Taehyun's neck. Before Beomgyu could run towards her, she suddenly groans in pain. The vampire female let go of the poor male and before his back could touch the ground, Beomgyu already ran towards him and caught him in his arms. Chaeyeon holds her bleeding chest as black blood gushing out from her mouth.

Beomgyu looks at her in terror and the moment she fell on the floor, the vampire brothers saw a certain blondenette holding a stake in his hands. Yeonjun's breath hitches as Chaeyeon slowly turns to ash before their eyes.

"Whㅡ where did you get that?"

Beomgyu asked. He holds Taehyun firmly in his arms. He could feel the younger is shaking from all the shock. Yeonjun is now glaring at the blondenette. One second he felt that Hueningkai wasn't a threat but one second after, Hueningkai is a threat to them, and he was holding a stake. Black blood were all over his uniform and face. Fear is visible in his dark orbs.

"I always bring this with me.. in case.."

Hueningkai answered, falling on his knees. Soobin runs to his boyfriend, hugging him and patting his back, calming him down while whispering sweet things into the younger's ears.

"Hyung.."

The blondenette called for the brown hair male. His grip on the stake is getting loose and it eventually fall to the ground. Hueningkai cries and hugs Soobin tightly, burying his face into the older's chest.

"Iㅡ I killed someone"

He muttered under his breath. Soobin's heart sank at the younger's words. He caress Hueningkai's blonde locks while drawing circles on his back.

"Sshhh.. No, you didn't sweetheart. It was a monster"

Beomgyu flinches at the word 'monster'. Yeonnun gritted his teeth. The scarlet hair male slowly back out. Afraid that he would be the cause of two humans murdery if he stays there any longer.

"Those things suck our blood. They're blood sucking monsters. You don't have to cry hm?"

Soobin reassured. Beomgyu slowly stands up, carrying the silver hair male in his arms in bridal style before walking away. He teared up a bit hearing Soobin's words.

Monsters..

Hueningkai breaks the hug and looks at Soobin in the eyes. The older caress Hueningkai's cheek gently as the blondenette leans against his gentle touch.

"But still.. they were humans too, hyung"

Hueningkai replied, hus voice cracked a bit. Soobin couldn't help but feel guilty at the younger's words.

"It wasn't their choice to become a vampire. What if they were born that way?"

The younger added. And it hits Soobin.

"I'm sorry"

He said before pulling the younger into another hug.  He rested his chin on the younger's shoulder.

***

Yeonjun walks outside the school. He's fuming in anger. For him, humans are nothing but their source of food. And now, Soobin has the audacity to call them monsters.

Soobin's right.

He thought. They are monsters that suck someone's blood until they dry out. Unlike Beomgyu, Yeonjun is not someone with patience. He had anger issues. And whoever in his way needs to be dispose immediately.

He knew the moment he saw the blonde kid he doesn't trust him that much. He felt like Hueningkai was a threat to his kinds. And he was right. There are two possibilities of why Hueningkai has a stake with him.

One, there is a possibility that he's a vampire hunter's son and two, there is a possibility that it's just a coincidence anf he brought it for self-defence. And Yeonjun guessed that Hueningkai is a vampire hunter's son. But whatever it is, he needs to find out.

"I have to destroy him as soon as possible before he kills me or Beomgyu"

He muttered under his breath, kicking the pebble that was on his way.

***

As Beomgyu arrived at their dorm, he put Taehyun down on the younger's bed slowly. He then sits on the edge of Taehyun's bed. His head keeps repeating the same word that Soobin said at the cafeteria.

Blood sucking monsters..

Is that how humans see them? As a threat? Humans had despise vampires for ages and vice versa. And does that means, Taehyun hates him too? Does Taehyun sees him as a threat too? What will happen if Taehyun knows he's a vampire?

Will the younger kill him? Will the younger betray him and calls a vampire hunter to dispose him? Or will the younger do nothing and act normally around him?

Beomgyu snorts. As if anyone wouldn't panic if they know their roomate is a vampire. A royal one to be exact. He didn't notice that the silver hair male is staring weakly at him. The younger reaches for Beomgyu's hand and interwines his fingers with the older. Beomgyu startled by Taehyun's sudden action. He looks at their interwined fingers.

"Is something bothering you?"

Taehyun asked, pure concern in his tone. Beomgyu smiles sweetly shaking his head.

"Don't lie"

Taehyun bluntly said.

"I'm not lying"

Beomgyu lied.

"Then why are your eyes look sad?"

Beomgyu was taken aback by Taehyun's question. Taehyun has such a sharp observation. And it scares him sometimes.

"Iㅡ I don't know, Taehyun. I honestly don't know"

He replied. Taehyun sighs.

"No secrets between us, hyung. You promised to tell me if something's wrong and I'll listen to you, as a friend"

Beomgyu smiled. Yes, they did promised to each other that there will be no secrets between them for one of their rules as roomates. He tousles the younger's silver strands as Taehyun giggles.

"I'm fine. Get some rest, you're still weak from all the shock"

He muttered, leaving the room leaving a pouty squirrel behind.