Chapter One: Welcome New Maiden

As you wake up in front of the doors of a giant castle, in the cold of night. You try to remember how you got here or who brought you here...you see your luggage sitting on the ground, then you see a note.

"This place will keep you safe...listen and follow the rules...AND DO NOT DISOBEY THEM, ESPECIALLY THE LADY OF THE HOUSE ..."

As you stood there confuse by this letter that gave you instructions...the door opens and you see a woman in a black clothing giving you a evil grin smile.

"Hello I'm Daniela Dimitrescu, you're the new maiden?" She giggles as she grabs your luggage. You walked inside, into a beautiful entranceway looking around, seeing the artwork that was built into this castle.

"My mother will be surprise that we have a new maiden coming in late at night." She said, "What is your name young maiden?" She added while waiting for your answer.

You've never talked before, so you had that note and a pencil as you wrote down your name.

"So Y/n is your name...you could've told me that yourself." She giggles but you also wrote how you've never spoken before in years. Your family is always been using sign language to communicate with each other.

"Oh you know sign language, I read them in books and practice on some of the maids who were deaf...are you deaf?" She questioned you.

You shook your head and communicate with Daniela with sign language. She talks to you for a bit and then takes your luggage away.

"Come follow Y/n, my mother will be happy to meet you." She smiled leading the way to her mother.

As you still looked around seeing more beautiful art works, you finally made it to a room...where you heard a women yelling.

Daniela knocked and heard that women say come in. You see some of the other maidens standing there with their heads looking at the ground. By that your head slowly moves up. You eyes widen and feeling them as if they were about to pop out of your head. You see a tall and beautiful woman, who's beauty can make people fall onto their knees while praying to her like a goddess. You saw that she had on black leather gloves and wearing a silk beautiful white and a big black sun hat. You notice her pearl necklace with a design in the middle...

"Mother, I know this is very late at night but we have a new maiden joining us." Daniela said with joy.
You looked over seeing two women also in the same clothing like Daniela standing next to this tall women.

"Oh a new maiden...at this time of the hour?" Lady approach, you look down being respectful like the other maidens did. She lifts your chin and you look at her eyes, they were a golden ember which took your breath away and felt goosebumps all over your body.

"What is your name maiden?" The lady asked you.

"Oh mother they don't talk...they're a mute!" Daniela explain to her mother about you and tells her your name.

"A mute? Y/n...do you know what I'm saying?" The Lady asked you! You nodded your head yes and looked at Daniela and made some sign language.

"They understand what you're saying, it's just their family never taught them how to speak." Daniela said, "They wrote it down on this piece of paper" she hands her mother the note with the message on it!

"DO NOT DISOBEY THEM, ESPECIALLY THE LADY OF THE HOUSE...well they might be a good use to clean around at some places that are quite small for the other maidens to clean!" The Lady said, "How will you say yes M'lady and no M'lady?" She said with her arms crossed.

You try to think and told Daniela in sign language, that one clap means 'Yes M'lady' and two claps mean 'No M'lady'. Daniela explains to her the meanings of the claps, the tall Lady agrees and welcomes you...

"Welcome new maiden to Castle of Dimitrescu! I am Lady Dimitrescu. There are going to be rules you have to obey, but I will tell you tomorrow, it's quite late and I'm already tired!" Lady Dimitrescu said.
Two of the other woman in the same clothing like Daniela, glared at you and give you an evil grin smile...

Lady Dimitrescu gave a signal to the maidens too go back to the rooms. Daniela walks over to you puts her arm around her your shoulder.

"My mother likes a new young blood maiden!" Daniela smiles as she hisses at two other maidens to take your luggage to the spare room.
As you follow the two maidens,  you've heard Daniela, the other two women and the mother all talking about you but you ignored it.

"My name is Crystal and this is Marie by the way, young one what has happened to make you work here?" Crystal said as she puts down the luggage on your bed!

You don't know how to communicate but Marie said that she knew sign language and Crystal was still learning!

You 'told' how you don't remember anything, and even don't remember how you got in-front of the doors!

"You are a brave one to work at this castle...so many maidens disappear a lot and how—" Marie gets cut off by Crystal.

"Do not tell them...they're a young child!" Crystal walks over to you and gives you a hug as apparently she saw that you looked 'sad' but your weren't sad...you felt nothing actually.

"Let this child sleep, we're all tired from today after getting everything prepared for the Black Goddess and the other lords earlier!" Crystal yawns as Marie nods her head and tells you good night and that one of them will wake you up for morning duties!

As you sat there in bed as the walls were creaking, you went through your luggage to see what you can remember on what happened and do you know how you got here. Which you found out and just accepted your mistakes...then you found old journal with empty pages that you found on the floor. You took the pencil you had first and began to write.

Dear journal, 7/14
I'm at Castle Dimitrescu, one of the Lords of the village...I know what has happened to me after looking through my luggage and I accept my fate... As I write in this journal, where I keep my thoughts I'm surely this might be my first and last Journal writing that I'll write in, if I mess anything up in this castle! Meeting Lady Dimitrescu...is unreal...she's something else that I cannot explain...I'm going to try my best to be on her good side after hearing her loud powerful voice towards the other maidens...who knows what she or her daughters can fully do!!

Sincerely,
Y/n

As you made your first writing, you put the journal underneath your pillow and went to sleep....

~~
I hope you guys like this new book! I'll see you in the new chapter, I'm still currently writing my other books at the same time, so this will be very interesting!