.3.

Savannah, Georgia

Toranae Richter

I was chilling in my room until my brother, Tahlil, busted in telling me to walk to the corner store with him.

"Tori, walk with me to the corner store."

"Are you asking me or telling me?"

"I'm telling you so get your ass up and put on some clothes, and don't put on nothing hoochie cause' I will tell dad." He said walking out of my room

Tahlil and I are Irish Twins. He's 8 months older than me. I sighed obnoxiously but nonetheless, I got up to put some clothes on. Since we were only going to the corner store, I put on grey sweat pants, a white t, socks, and my yeezy slides.

I had knotless braids so I wasn't really worried about my hair. I finished doing what I had to do and went downstairs where my dad, my mom, and my brother were.

"I said don't dress like a hoochie and you come down here dress like a homeless man." Tahlil said as I scrunched my face up at him.

"Don't do my baby. If you know a homeless person walking around in yeezy slides, tell em' to let me borrow some money." My dad said defending me.

"Anyways, let's go, Tori." Tahlil said, basically pulling me out the door

"Okay but you don't have to pull me." I said yanking my arm back.

We finally reached the corner store. There was some people huddled up but I couldn't see their face. We went inside seeing, Abu, the man who owned it working instead of his wife, meaning we could free stuff.

I got a Mucho Mango Arizona, the green pack of skittles and some ranch sunflower seeds. I headed to the front seeing my brother was already there.

"Hey, Abu." Tahlil and I said and the same time.

"We'll if it isn't the Jack and the Jill. Is that all?" Abu stated

"Yeah." I said

"Today you will need to pay full price. The wife is watching." Abu said, pointing to the camera in the corner.

"Man, Abu, you be letting her punk you." Tahlil said handing a 20 to Abu

"Yada, Yada, Ya. If you want me to sleep on your couch, my friend, i'll be more than welcomed." Abu replied bagging our stuff.

"Whatever, Abu. Come on, Tori." Tahlil said as we walked out the store. I heard somebody calling my name so I turned around.

"I know that ain't Tori." I heard Seven shout

"It sure is." I said walking to the group with my brother behind me.

"So when do you plan on meeting back up with gang? or me really. Forget them niggas. We supposed to besties." Seven said fake crying.

"Bro bye. Wassup y'all, this is my brother Tahlil." I said laughing looking at all the other people around us.

"Wassam." They all said except one. His back was turned so I couldn't see who it was.

"Send me your address and me and them will be over there tomorrow or later." Seven said pulling me into a hug.

"Alright, bye everybody." I said about to walk away with my brother but the boy who's back was turned, turned around. I looked at him at noticed it was, Kees.

"Hey." I said

"Hey." He said back staring at me.

"Well i'ma go." I said walking away with Tahlil

"So who are they?" Tahlil asked

"Some people I met when I went with Ellie to Candons house."

"Oh. Are you gonna ask ma' if they can come over?"

"Do you think I should?" I asked seeing if he was comfortable with people being over. We always did that with each other

"Yeah, invite Ellie too." He said opening the front door for me once we were on the porch.

I walked in the house and went straight to my moms room.

"Ma' can my friends come over?" I asked sitting in the swinging chair she had in the corner of her room.

"I'on care, Tori. They better come speak cause if they don't, they'll be getting the cuss out of a life time." She answered looking at me.

"Okay, Thank you."

I went to my room and called Seven and Noellie to tell them to come over and bring the rest of them if they wanna come. They hung up and said they would be on there way.

Vote & Comment