Take the Fall

I groaned in the bench as Goldberg pretended to fall while he was defending the goal. "You don't take the fall while they're shooting at you." Bombay yelled as everyone came back to the bench. "I guess you didn't explain that every well, huh?" Goldberg threw is hands up.

"District 5, cut the acting class. One more dive, I forfeit to the Jets!" A ref came over to yell at us. "What? I'm insulted by that." Coach yelled to the ref that had skated away. "And we're the ones who needed acting classes." I rolled my eyes at Bombay who tried to act like he had no idea what the ref was taking about.

"Face off!"

Bombay called Charlie over. "That guy is twice your size. So next time he gets you in a corner like that, I want you to grab your eye like it's cut, then hit the ice." Charlie didn't seem to like what Bombay was telling him.

"You think he'll do it?" Connie skated over to me. "Nah, I know he won't."

It's a disaster out here, everyone was fake falling and it looked like they were cartoons slipping on banana peels. Charlie got cornered by two players again. Instead of doing what coach said he slipped the puck out with his skate and I grabbed it.

I skated across the ice bashing into a couple players as I made by way towards the goal. I shot it in and made one of the only goals we had for that game.

-

"We can't even win when we cheat!"

"That was embarrassing, I am embarrassed." Connie shook her head as we made our way into the locker rooms. "Someone please slit my throat with their skates." I said as I sat next to Connie on the bench. "Gladly." Averman joked  while he walked in. "Just a little dramatic." Guy laughed sitting next to Connie.

"Are we all still on for a 'yay we lost' celebration?" Guy asked while I had Connie untie my skates for me. "Uh, I can't go. Have fun though." I smiled remembering the plans I made with Adam.

"What?"

"Come on!"

I had seen him in the stands earlier before the game started. I gave him a little wave while we skated out. No one on the team saw thankfully. They'd actually kill me if they knew I was hanging out with Adam Banks.

"Charlie! What the hell is the matter with you? When I tell you to do something, you do it! You got it?" A yell came into the room bringing all of our conversations to a stop.

"You can't make me cheat." Charlie said then ran out of the locker room.

"Jesse, Terry, let's go. This is what u have you my overtime pay for? To see my kids takin falls?" Mr. Hall came in and took Jesse and Terry home.

A while after everyone left and I was about to walk out when I saw Bombay sitting on a bench. "Hi coach." I sighed walking over to him. "I messed up didn't I, kid?"

"Yeah, you did." I joked making him let out a little chuckle.

"I just thought maybe a win would motivate you guys. Y'know get you guys more determined to win playing the right way. That was stupid wasn't it."

"Yeah, I guess it was. But I see where you're coming from. It's gonna take some time coaching us, we suck. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. But give it time. I know there's a great coach under that suit and hair gel. Give the team time, they'll come back. I know that you know, what you're doing. So just, do it."

"Thanks kid. Y'know you did good out there today. I know you'll do great this with your skills, Scarlett. Don't get anyone get in your way. Promise me that?"

"Yeah, thanks coach. Y'know normally it's hard for me to accept big changes like this. But I think I can get used to you."

"Alright, alright. Enough with the sappy stuff. Go get out there spend the rest of your day how you want."

"See ya coach." I said giving him a small hug.

-

"Boo." I put my hands on his shoulders while I snuck up to the blonde boy. "Don't do that!" He jumped turning around. "So, where to, Banks?"

"The park?"

"Sweet. Race ya there." I smirked holding up my skateboard. "No fair!"

"Life isn't fair." I stuck my tongue at the boy who was trying to run and catch up to me.

-

*Third Person POV*

"Don't ever make me do that again." Adam panted with his hands on his knees. "Sucks to suck, cake-eater." The girl laughed skating through out the park.

The two walked around around the park, being more friendlier than ever. They knew this was something they never expected to be doing. What they didn't know was that they had a whole team of ducks watching in disgust,  as Scarlett Anderson skated around the park with Adam Banks by her side.

And what Scarlett Anderson definitely didn't know, was that one of her best friends heart broke in that moment.

-

ooh secret hang outs and coaching bonds? i think soooo