1.39

I'd be lying if I said this night wasn't the scariest night of my life.

I'm sure I had readjusted my beanie at least 12 times, just because I was terrified of getting caught. But besides that, the adrenaline was constantly pumping through my veins. Without it, I'm sure I would've backed out a long time ago.

The 6 of us all stood in front of the white painted house where the gold is supposed to be, when suddenly, the outside light turned on.

"Shit!" Sarah gasped, followed by John B who said the exact same as we all ducked behind some bushes.

"Flashlights." Kie said, telling us all to turn them off.

Pope tried catching his breath as he rushed to take off the hood of his sweater, his forehead was glistening with small droplets of sweat. "Okay, so she has motion sensor lights."

"We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested. I groaned, letting my head fall into my hands.

"What?"

"That's not how it works." Pope said.

"Oh shit, let's throw a rock at it." John B suggested.

"What?" Pope asked.

"For once, JJ has the better idea." I said, earning a dumb smile from JJ, who had trouble noticing the backhanded compliment.

"That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here." Kie said in a monotone voice.

"Throw a rock at it?" Pope asked in disbelieve.

"You guys have a better idea." John B wisper yelled.

"Literally anything but that." Kie said.

"What about the breaker? In a circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it." Sarah suggested, making me nod and smile at the memory.

"I remember that." I said, earning a smile from Sarah.

"No, no. You're not going in the house alone." John B protested.

"Watch me." Sarah said.

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ said.

"If you believe that, but she's like what, 85?"

"Yeah, something like that." JJ commented

"So what are you afraid of. Scared you're weaker than an old woman." I said.

"She's barely still kicking." Sarah immediatly agreed with me.

"What, you're going with her now?" JJ asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked shrugging my shoulder.

"Huh, what about it." He started, mocking my words. "She murdered her husband."

"You're so full of shit." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'll come with you guys." Kie suggested.

"Yeah." Sarah agreed.

"We'll wait for your signal." Pope said as Kie, Sarah and I stood up.

"Okay, cool." Sarah said.

"Hey! Be safe." John B said to his girlfriend.

"We will." Sarah said before we walked off.

We ducked under multiple bushes, trying to find the breaker based off of an almost 10 year old memory. Once we got close to the house, I started to remember more and more, it was now just more covered in plants.