Chapter 28 - boyfriend

*Note: also a longer chapter*

Harry's POV
Louis didn't look at me at all for the rest of the day. I didn't try to talk to him because I didn't want to pry. I think he just needs a little more time but it's not helping when everyone keeps whispering about us. They're not exactly subtle about it either. After school I go to find Taylor.

"Taylor!" I yell once I see her.

She looks reluctant but stops, "Hi Harry."

"Hey, do you know what all this shit is about us going on a date?" I ask.

"Well I mean I did ask you out on a date and you accepted," she shrugs, "But I quickly realized you didn't know it was a date when all you talked about was Louis," she rushes to add.

My eyes widen, "I'm sorry. I didn't know," I give her an apologetic look.

"It's okay. I should be the one apologizing to you," she sighs, "I told people that we were going on a date before I knew it wasn't one and it must have gotten around. I'm really sorry."

I shake my head in disbelief, "I-um it's okay," I finally say.

"Harry, it's fine if you don't accept my apology. I really didn't mean to mess things up with you and Louis. I mean I can tell how much you love him just from the way you talk about him. I feel so stupid, I should have known. I'm so sorry," she practically whispers looking at the ground.

"No Taylor, it's really okay. Don't feel stupid, you just didn't know and you meant no harm in telling people," I reassure her.

"Thank you Harry," she smiles, "I hope things work out with you and Louis," she gives me a quick hug before walking away.

I hope they do too.

- :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :)

Louis isn't at school the next day. Zayn and Liam told me it wasn't related to me which I happily choose to believe but I just hope nothing is wrong and that Louis' okay. I ate lunch with Zayn, Liam, and Niall which was nice and made me temporarily forget about my Louis situation. When I got home I brainstormed all the things I could do to get Louis to talk to me. I came up with a full plan after talking to my mum and sister. I discussed it over the phone with the boys and they all eagerly agreed to help me. I also tried writing a song for him which I don't think is half bad, but I don't know if I'll be able to perform it.

When Louis doesn't show up today, September 28th, I know something is up. I decide right away that I'll go over to see him after school. So, of course school feels like it takes a fucking decade to end. I tell the boys that I'm going to be putting my plan into action today and we all go around during lunch to set things up. As soon as school's over I hop in my car and rush to Louis' house.

So now, here I am outside his flat door and trying to work up the courage to knock. Come on Harry, come on. I sing to myself and on the clapping part I finally knock on the door. Let's pretend it was on purpose and that I didn't just get lost in the song. The door opens slightly and I can see it's Jay.

"Harry?" she whispers, "What are you doing here?" she asks but it's still in a friendly way.

"I need to talk to Louis," I tell her in a hushed voice matching her's.

"I don't know Harry," she looks skeptical.

"Please, I'm here to make things right," I beg.

She seems to think about it for a little bit before finally opening the door and letting me inside.

"Thank you Jay," I smile my dimples showing slightly.

She smiles back as if she can't resist, "Go get him Harry," she gives me quick hug before pushing me towards Louis' room.