Chapter 2

Marina - Valley of the dolls

TRIGGER WARNING

RAQUEL'S P.O.V

Last time you saw me, I was at the police station, now I'm on a plane (against my will) going to Italy to see my so called "family" for the first time.

I'm so tempted to jump out this plane right now.

Not only do I have to meet my "family", now I have to worry about Jose knowing my whereabouts.

Jose Sanchez, the leader of the Mexican Cartel and the person who has managed to ruin my entire life.

He would even goes as far as to kill his own mother, just to have me in his clutches again. I barely sleep nowadays, even two years after, I still have nightmares about what he did to me.

The only way to stop them is by taking sleeping pills, however at one point I became addicted, I couldn't function without them. It was to the point they didn't even work that well anymore.

Eventually Linda found out about my addiction and made me stop taking them. I never told her about the abuse, so I lied that I had insomnia.

I still have all the scars on my body as a constant reminder of my torture. The bruises that Jose have caused, became worse as I started doing underground fights. That's why I never wear revealing clothing in fear of someone questioning my scars and bruises. If I do I have to use concealer to hide them.

I hate looking at my bruises and scars, let alone letting someone else looking at them and judge me.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The plane had just landed about 20 minutes ago, I picked up my bags and now I'm heading towards the exit.

"Oh shit!" My eyes widen as I realised that I had forgotten to ask Cindy who was going pick me up.

"Now I need to call her." I huffed in annoyance as I pull out my phone and call her.

"Hi Cindy."

"Hello Raquel, is everything ok?." She asks in her usual chirpy voice. How can someone be that happy all the time?

"I forgot to ask you who is picking me up."

"Oh yes, your brother Seth is picking you up. He also was asking for you, he is right in front of the airport first car you see."

"Thanks Cindy."

"You're welcome, good luck with your family." She says before ending the phone call.

I follow Cindy's instructions and went outside.

I walk up to the first car and knock on the window. It rolls down to reveal a man who looks like he's in his early 20s, with curly black hair and cute glasses.

He looks up from his phone, he notices me staring at him and then says "Get in." Before looking down at his phone.

Loving the welcome wagon.

The car ride was very quiet, neither one of us knew how to start a conversation. Like what are we going to talk about? Oh, hi how's life? Alright I'm just your long lost sister no big deal at all.

As he was driving, I look out of the tinted windows, the houses here look really big and expensive. It looks like something out of keeping up with the Kardashians. The exact opposite of where I lived before, I'm used to crack houses and decaying houses.

While I was gazing out of the window, I felt like was being observed. I look to see Seth watching me through the overhead mirror, once our eyes connected he instantly looked away and focused back on to the road.