Chapter 8

L U K E

We both stared at each other for a moment. When Calum told me to go back to school with him, I didn't know it was going to be at a school with her. I thought it'd be a new school so no one at all knew about me. Luckily for me she's the only one who knows about my disappearance and what happened that night. But still.

The principal coughed.

"So, welcome to Falls High, Luke. I hope you'll be enjoying your stay here. Mr. Adams, I think you can take it from here." And with that he left, with me standing awkwardly at the front.

"Hi Luke. I'm Mr. Adams, your new English teacher. Let's get you a spot. Hmm. How about there, in the front next to Collins."

I heard her sigh as she rolled her eyes,
looking the other way.

I walked over to take the seat on the left of her.

"Okay, let's continue with Shakespeare, shall we?" The teacher turned around to write something on the board.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered.

I shrugged. "Calum thought it was a good idea to go back to school."

"Here?" She whispered back.

"Well, I didn't know that you'd be here." I answered honestly.

"Well, you could have-" She was interrupted by a cough.

The teacher shot us looks, warning us to shut up.

"You could have at least told me about it." She finished, as soon as the teacher turned his back again.

I shrugged again. I didn't know what else to say.

"Do you still love me?" I suddenly asked.

"What? Luke you can't just ask me that now!" She answered.

"Just, answer it. I need to know." I repeated.

"I-" She was interrupted, again.

"Luke and Collins go to the office immediately please." He pointed at the door and waited for us to leave.
I sighed as I stood up and walked to the door, Collins behind me.

Once we got outside, Collins shot me a glare.

"What?" I asked.

"What? What do you mean what? I've never gotten in trouble before, or sent to the office for talking!" She practically screamed.

I didn't answer but we continued to walk in silence for the rest of the way to the office. I followed her, since I didn't really know the school.

We got to the office and sat down in the chairs in front of the principal's door.

"This is all your fault." She whispered harshly.

"I'm sorry." I whispered back.

The principal opened the door.
"Okay, so what do we have here?" He asked. He had a surprised look on his face when he saw the two of us.

"Luke?" He chuckled. "You're not even here for 10 minutes and you already are in trouble. I didn't know I was accepting a trouble student into my school." Then he turned to Collins.

"Miss Woodley. I would never have expected you to turn up in the principals office." She looked away, embarrassed.

"C'mon. I'm going to ask you two some questions." He motioned for us to follow him into his office, as we did, closing the door behind us.

C O L L I N S

"I can't believe it! He gets me in trouble, I get mad at him, actually I still kinda am, but I still love him!" I exasperated while talking to Ash at lunch.