Chapter 05

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve marched into Tony's lab with authority in his tone, you standing behind him with your siblings.

"How about 'nonce'?" Tony comments back, not paying him any attention while he continued to type away on the computer.

"Shut it down!" Steve ordered.

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony continued to walk around and set up the cradle to finish the making of the body inside.

"You don't know what you're doing" Steve tried some more to stop his teammate from making a huge mistake.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Banner joined the conversation from his spot in the lab, motioning to your sister harshly.

"I know you're angry." Wanda began to reason with him, knowing what she had done to them earlier.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." He scoffed.

"Banner, after everything that's happened--" Steve started again.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony countered his side.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda shouted.

"This isn't a game--" Steve shouted next.

"The creature--" Wanda began when suddenly Pietro sped around and unplugged every machine.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" Pietro taunted as he stood on the other side of a room from you. A bullet went off in front of him and he fell through the glass floor as it shattered beneath him.

"Pietro!" You and Wanda called out with worry for him as he had dropped down to the lower level.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint asked your brother, stepping on him to keep him down.

"I'm rerouting the upload." Stark stated as the machine beeped furiously at being unplugged. Steve throws the shield as it bounces off things in the lab to stop him, Tony blasts him back with his suit hand that he summoned.

"Go ahead, piss me off." Banner pulled Wanda into a choke hold. Iron man and Captain America fight while you look to your sister in fear, unsure of what to do.

"Hide y/n!" she tells you before using her powers to push Banner off of her. You had ran back and turned invisible only to look back up and witness the god of thunder summoning lightning to power up the cradle.

"Wait!" Bruce shouted. The room suddenly went silent before a creature broke out of the closed cradle, everyone standing on guard ready to fight it. It lunges towards Thor who swiftly threw it at the window, causing it to pause and reflect, looking to the city of New York below. Your sister grabbed your hand and you joined the others in a living space where the creature joined you.

"I'm sorry, that was...odd." He flew back over and claimed calmly. "Thank you." He turned to Thor.

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve pointed to the red man who was changing his appearance to place a golden cape over his shoulders after observing Thor's red one.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." Thor pointed to the yellow stone in the mans head.

"What, the gem?" Bruce asked.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor explained to you all as you remembered it giving you your powers.

"Then why would you bring it to—" Steve started.

"Because Stark is right." Thor cut him off.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce gasped at the words leaving Thor's mouth.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor stated.

"Not alone." The red man claimed, joining Thor's side.

"Why does your 'vision' sound like JARVIS?" Steve asked the obvious question to the Avengers.

"We... reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." Tony explained the science behind it.

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve claimed.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" Vision walked around you all.

"You're not?" Steve raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am."

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda acsussed stepping closer to him, letting go of your hand for your brother to hold you back from any danger.

"Look again." Vision told her and you grabbed her hand to pull her back with you.

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint said, showing his own opinions on you three.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side—" Thor started again.

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Cap asked the Android.

"I don't think it's that simple." Vision told them.

"Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint told him sternly.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." Vision explained his side.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked.

"You." Vision stated.

"Where?" Bruce asked the next question for their plan.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint answered with his findings.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce trailed off.

"What will you do?" Vision asked. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Vision explained as he picked up Thor's hammer and handed it to him. Everyone looked shocked and confused at the sight before you all. Thor takes it and Vision walks off calmly.

"Right." Thor pats Tony on the shoulder before following after the new Vision. "Well done."

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve told everyone. You followed as the archer of the team directed you towards the gear room. Pietro grabbed a pair of running shoes and pulled a slick blue shirt over himself while you and Wanda stared at the gear, not knowing what to use. Pietro threw a red jacket at your sister and hands you a pair of gloves to protect your hands as well as a pair of sneakers to make it easier for you to run around quietly in the fight while invisible.

Once you joined the rest of the team on the Quinn jet Steve handed you each ear pieces before explaining the mission at hand.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." Steve began. "All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

———————————————————
Question of the day: do you like vision?

Don't forget to go check out my other marvel story's such as Battle Scars (Bucky x reader) and The Hero And The Agent (Spider-Man x reader)