Chapter 07

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor shouts out his question confidently. Ultron summons his army of many droids to face us as Thor's confidence wavers.

"You had to ask." Steve sighed at his teammate.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well, like the old man said. Together." Tony stated. The Hulk roared, signalling the start of the fight as the robots ran towards you all. Pietro sped around stopping as many as he could before they reached your new team while the rest of you stood in a circle and prevented any thing getting closer to the drill.

You would phase through the droids and pull them apart while the others smashed and your sister pulled them apart as well. The whole team working flawlessly to protect the core in the Center. Ultron had fought Vision who was backed up by Stark and Thor outside, Hulk smashing him ti deliver the final blow until he transferred his mind into another Bot.

"They'll try to leave the city." Thor warned as Hulk scared them off the rock.

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Stark called out to his best friend who was flying on the outskirts.

"I'm on it." His friend stated, flying around with Vision and destroying them before they can get too far.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve ordered everyone who was left.

"What about the core?" Clint asked the obvious question.

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda stated with a nod. Clint nodded to her and the three Avengers ran off. "Get the people on the boats." Wanda ordered your brother as he sped back in to meet his triplets.

"I'm not going to leave you here."  Pietro told her.

"I can handle this." She blasts an incoming droid quickly. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before." She explains.

"Hmm." He hums.

"You understand?"

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you." He reminded with a smirk.

"Go." Wanda laughed lightly. "Be safe" she reminded before your brother swept you away to get on one of the lifeboats.

"Costel? We were in the market. Costel?!" A woman called out from on her boat. Clint took notice of the screaming woman and looked out to find a kid hiding behind some rubble. With determination to help he ran out to pick up the kid but looked up as Ultron shot down at them from a Quinn jet.

You also noticed the incoming danger for the duo. Looking to Pietro he seemed to have a plan in mind but it didn't feel right to you. Running out you had caught up just in time as Pietro sped the man and child behind a car for cover and you hugged your brother tightly as if it was your last moments with him. Silence filled the air as the Hulk smashed his way onto the jet.

"Did you know you could do that?" Your brother looked down at you proudly as you took note of the shield you had formed around you both.

"No" you shook your head, still afraid of your powers.

"Let's get out of here, I'll get Wanda" he passed you over to Clint before rushing off to get your sister to safety.

"Let's get back on a lifeboat" Clint ran off with the child, you following behind quickly.

Wanda froze as something felt off. She scanned her surroundings to find a dozen robots coming towards her. A blue flash had taken them all down as her brother appeared before her with a smirk.

"I thought you had this handled" he teased.

"Y/n" she panicked, seeing as only one of her triplets was there.

"She's safe"

"Thank goodness" she grew happy again, knowing she didn't lose anyone in this battle.

"Now let's get back to those lifeboats" Pietro scooped her up and took her off.

~~~

Clint had handed the kid off to his mother and sat you down in a seat beside him, the two of you collapsing back in exhaustion from the battle.

"No, no. I'm fine." He waved off a medic. "Oh, it's been a long day." The archer sighed. You let out a scream as the city dropped, not knowing if your siblings had made it onto a lifeboat. Clint held your hand for comfort as you watched the city you had once lived in vaporize in front of you. "It's alright" the man tried to comfort you, not knowing if your siblings made it out or not.

~~~

"Y/n!" Wandas accent called out as she found you in the crowd in the Helicarrier.

"Wanda! Pietro!" You pull them in for a family hug as soon as you reached them after pushing your way through the crowds of people.

"You're alright?" Your brother pulled back to scan you for any injuries.

"Yes, I'm alight" you nodded.

"Good" Wanda smiled happily.

~~~

Natasha and Steve had entered the hanger to find their new team of avengers. Rhode lifted the helmet of his mask to see them clearly. Vision turned around upon their entrance. Falcon flew in and landed as well as Wanda dropping in using her powers. Pietro had sped in from his run around the compound and you had revealed yourself from being invisible.

"Avengers...!" Steve started.

You and your siblings were finally part of something bigger, something that could do good. Proudly you fought alongside your new team while training to become the new avengers.

~~~

"Vision?" Wanda asked as you sat next to her on her bed in the compound watching sitcoms like you used to as children.

"I apologize. I don't mean to intrude." The Android entered through the wall.

"You don't?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, I suppose, yes, I did intend to come in here." He laughed lightly.

"I'll go see what Pietro up to" you smiled, standing up to go find your brother. "Pietro! Come look at this" you waved him over and away from his card game with Sam.

"Hey, no cheating!" Pietro pointed a warning finger to the man as he followed you back to your shared room with your sister.

"Sorry. Pardon." Vision laughed at the tv, sitting where you once were.

"No, it was funny." Wanda assured him with her own laugh.

"Yes, it was very funny, wasn't it?" Vision agreed, unaware of her siblings watching from the hallway with smirks.

"Leave the two lovebirds alone" Natasha snuck up on you both, causing you to jump in fear of being caught. Pietro sped off leaving you with the Russian assassin.

"You're on your own!" He called out.

"Come on, let's go play cards with the boys" Natasha guided you back down the hall and into the kitchen to find Pietro and Sam arguing over who won.

—————————————————————
Question of the day: did you enjoy the change to keep Pietro alive?