{22} Low

{Aspen's POV}

"Should've never f*cking left Aspen!" Jasper says for the 10th time now and I roll my eyes.

"Don't you think I know that?" I whisper shout at him, still hiding within the clothes. I have 15 more minutes until my brothers get here and to say I'm freaking terrified is an understatement. Both of Hudson and Yarrow, and my brother's reactions to when they see me. "It was an act of rage, I didn't think it through."

"Damn right you didn't think it through. F*cking overdramatic ass." I scoff at him before replying.

"There was a freaking camera in my bedroom. What is it for huh? What could the reason be for there be a camera watching my every move? Where is the privacy? What if I was changing? That's freaking disgu-" I'm suddenly cut off by Caspian.

"That's enough both of you. We'll talk about that back home, right now we just need to make sure Aspen is safe. Tell me what's going on now Aspen." 

I peek out from the clothing rack and see Hudson still looking around the store. There is a safe distance between us which gives me a slight relief. I then look towards the exit where Yarrow is still posted, checking each customer as they leave. I tell Caspian and he commands me to stay where I am. I'm not sure how much longer this spot will be safe for, Hudson seems to be getting closer. 

"Are you okay Aspen?" I hear Kohen in the background of the phone call.

"No, I'm not okay." I respond bitterly.

"You put yourself in this position." Jasper scoffs at me.

I'm not going to lie, Jasper's insensitivity is getting to me. I cant listen to this any longer so I hang up. I aggressively wipe my eyes when I feel them water. The screen lights up again when they call back but I decline it. I peek out from my spot again and notice Hudson is dangerously close to my position. In a slight panic, I sneak out of the clothing rack and in the opposite direction of him. My disguise is the only thing hiding me right now. 

I look around casually for a new place to hide and I spot the furniture section on the opposite side of the store. It would be a great place to hide but the way there is open for Hudson to see. I decide it's worth the risk and start walking trying to blend in with the shoppers. I keep my head down and look over to Hudson who is distracted by a teenage girl who looks similar to me. I look at Yarrow to check his position and panic when I don't see him. I look around frantically and I cant find him. 

About halfway to my destination, I start to pick up my pace. Not knowing where yarrow is is giving me anxiety and I need to hide again. During one of my panicked scans of the store, I make eye contact with those dark emotionless eyes and I find myself in a full-blown panic attack. He is close to my previous hiding position and he starts to walk towards me. When I pick up my pace, I find myself in a slight jog and Yarrow picks up his pace too. 

Yarrow gets the attention of Hudson who then spots me and starts to walk towards me at a speed walking pace. I start to run, the way to the exit is blocked by Hudson and the only way I can go is to the furniture section. When I finally get there, I look around frantically but I cant find a hiding place quick enough and Yarrow catches up to me. I try to run past him but he grabs my arm and pushes me back to a wall, the view of us is blocked by furniture to any by passers. I'm cornered and Yarrow is towering over me with clear rage in his eyes.