Chapter 37 ➼ 𝒲𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 ℛ𝒾𝓈𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 ➼ 𝓌𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓌𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒

OCTAVIA BLINKS HARD, FOCUSING ALL OF the energy that she had left to holding both herself and Angelina on top of her horse. It wasn't easy getting both of them on top of the domestic animal, especially with Angelina quickly slipping in and out of consciousness. Octavia quickly learned that both of them had to be mounted on the horse for this to work. Either Octavia would grow too weak and fall to her knees while trying to walk beside the horse or Angelina would simply fall off.

Angelina currently remains awake not making a sound besides an occasional moan of pain, Octavia sighing in relief every time as she rests her whole body against the horse. Octavia leans against Angelina, applying pressure to both of their wounds that continue to ooze blood. As Octavia's horse moves through the forest the girl closes her eyes, her mind begging her to rest. Angelina feels the girl slip, but can do nothing as the girl can barely move as she feels Octavia fall. Angelina whimpers out as she turns her head, watching as Octavia closes her eyes as she lies on the forest floor.

"Tav," Angelina can barely whisper as she lets herself fall, landing hard on the ground. The girl uses all of her strength to crawl towards Octavia. Angelina reaches out, intertwining their fingers before her head falls forwards as she slips into a state of unconsciousness.

Ilian kom Trishanakru stands before the two girls, his mind conflicted. Ilian knew without a doubt that the two women lying on the ground before him took part in Rafel's death. Ilian pushes the thoughts away as Octavia's eyes open. The girl winces in pain, squeezing Angelina's hand as her eyes lock onto the man standing before her. Ilian kneels before the women, his eyes watching as Angelina takes in shallow breaths.

"Please," Octavia whimpers. "Help her."

Octavia's pleading eyes bore into his own, and in that moment Ilian sees his own mother as she begs him to stop when he was under the influence of Alie's chip. Ilian takes Angelina in his arms, resting her head against his shoulder as he helps Octavia stand. Ilian places both women on the horse, Octavia laying against the horse's neck while he holds Angelina to his chest.

The grounder boy races the two women back to Skaikru's village, screaming out as they reach the gates. Luckily, Harper was on duty today and in charge of the guards. The woman immediately recognizing the two girls as she ushers them in and quickly brings them to Clarke, calling out the woman's name as does.

Clarke turns, her eyes widening as she takes in the sight before her. "Lay them on the table," she orders as she moves to assess Angelina.