XXXV.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

It was four in the morning, and Sam and Steve were on their early morning run

It was four in the morning, and Sam and Steve were on their early morning run. "Alright, you ready to go?"

"Hold on I think I forgot something it'll be just a second..."

"Or are you trying to avoid getting outran?"

"Whatever you say, Sam..." Steve went down the hallway back into his room looking around before spotting his water bottle. He grabbed it and walked back out about to head back to Sam who was at the end of the hallway on his phone. But that was until he heard footsteps behind him which caused him to turn around and see none other than Thea.

'I'm surprised she's even awake at this time...' Steve thought.

Thea stopped after a couple of steps forward. Her hair was blocked somewhat of her eyes but not her blank face.

"Thea..." Steve called out. At first, he was confused because her eyes were open but then again she didn't look awake. Sam wasn't far as he was standing at a distance...in case.

Right when she didn't respond Sam walked up and waved a hand in front of her eyes. "Is she sleepwalking? With her eyes open?..."

When Steve reached her it was clear to him that she was hyperventilating from her breathing. "Thea..." He shook her shoulder, which caused her to react and get a firm grip on his wrist. She blinked her eyes a couple of times before noticing the two.

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any creepier," Sam muttered crossing his arms.

"Huh?" Thea glanced around confused releasing Steve in the process.

"I was...just..." She starts, rubbing her eyes awake. "I'm sure I wasn't here when I closed my eyes, "

"You were I guess sleepwalking..." Steve said rotating his wrist a little.

"Is that a normal thing with you?" Sam asked.

"I...don't know..." She finally looked at the two and saw them all dressed to head out.

"Why are you awake?" She asked.

"We're about to go out for a run and seeing you already up, care to join?" Thea shook her head.

"I'll be training." That was all Thea said before heading for the shadows to transport herself back to her room.

"I'd try the punching bag..." Steve said before he and Sam went on to their run. Thea nodded and made her journey to the training room.

•••••

『THEA』

I can't sleep. Every time I attempt to sleep these images show up intruding my mind and I have yet to understand what they are...

Since I decided to reside within the Avengers I don't see myself as useless as I did with HYDRA. Even though it's been two years I still believe that there is still some hold Hydra had on me that is still present.

'Why do things have to be so complicated?' I thought to myself.

Now I'm in the gym with the punching bag that Blondi–Rogers suggested, to clear my mind. At my...15th punch? It was then that realized my hand burned right through the bag. When I pulled out my hand as more smoke followed. The cerulean glow that was present in my hand faded away.

"You're up early," A voice said I turned around to see Romanoff standing at the end of the gym mat.

I unfasten the damaged bag to replace it once again and lay it with the other two that I had messed up before. "Couldn't sleep?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

『3』

Thea hooked a new bag onto the hook and then resumed throwing hits.

"It's good to know there's another person who shares the same grudge against these bags," Natasha said looking at the damaged bags.

"Why are you here?" Thea asked.

"Well I was about to get some coffee but then I heard punching and figured I'd see who else was up," Natasha wandered around the gym glancing at the equipment.

"So what's got you up, too scared of the dark? Nightmares?" Thea paused for a moment but played it off with a scoff before steadying the bag and glancing over at Romanoff.

"By your response, I'm guessing it's one of the two..." Natasha said taking a seat on a bench.

Thea's expression was as empty as usual as she looked down. "It's not important..."

"Well, that depends on how much it affects you..." Romanoff said before walking towards the entrance.

"Oh and Stark gots something to show you, so I'd hurry he's was practically glowing with confidence, " Thea watched Natasha walk out of the gym before sighing and making her way out as well.

•••••

When Thea entered Tony's workshop she was Immediately dragged into a chair and wheeled towards his space, where he began talking.

"You know how your other suit when you first got here was packed out with those child safety lock helmets, layers of padding, and an unlawful amount of pockets..."

"How do you know that—"

"Me being—well of course me— I took a look at your old gear, all this padding but yet you came in with multiple stab wounds and cuts on you..." The mention of that brought Thea back to her last time with Arina before she was sent back out during project insight.

Thea zoned out and subconsciously traced over where her wound was placed. Tony took notice of it and decided it was best if he got right to the point."However, I made you your very own combat suit with the little knowledge of how well you did with Romanoff's extra suit, I based it off that, and Bruce's pitched-in ideas he gave before disappearing..." Tony handed a case over to Thea which she held staring at the Avenger's insignia.

"You are welcome and almost late for training," Tony said patting her on the shoulder and walking back over to his desk.

"Thank you," Thea mumbled which Tony heard causing him to pause in his steps and turn around to face his teammate.

"Did you just thank me? Show me a sign of gratitude?" Thea rolled her eyes quickly walking out of the room avoiding any further growth in Stark's ego.

1024 words