1.40

The next morning I woke up in the bed JJ always slept in when he was at the chateau. I lifted my head, only to realise there was a single arm loosely draped around my waist. I smiled when I noticed the bracelets and the rough hands of JJ Maybank.

I sat up, letting his arm fall on my lap. My movement caused him to stir awake. He groaned when the sun hit his eyes. I smiled as I looked down at JJ, who was childishly holding the blanket over his face.

"Well, goodmorning to you too." I said, but he replied with a groan once again. Not a morning person, noted. I checked the time on my phone. It was 11:30 in the morning. I never really woke up this late, but I was up nearly all night.

I was about to stand up, but JJ tightened his arm around my thighs, pulling me back. "Stay." He said in a hoarse tone, which send shivers down my spine.

"We have gold business to attend to." I said with a laugh.

"We already have the gold, we have all the time in the world, gorgeous." He said, the nickname always gave me butterflies, but the name in combination with his morning voice was simply irresistible.

I got back down in the bed, laying my head on JJ's chest. He wrapped his arm around my waist, his hand partly burried under my shirt. I had ditched the zip up last night. The nights in the outerbanks were very warm, and sleeping in a long sleeve was basically impossible.

Our legs tangled together under the sheets. I didn't close my eyes, I simple looked out the window as I felt JJ's breathing slow down, feeling his chest go up and down in a steady pace as he went back to sleep.

______________

JJ woke up again after about an hour. I hadn't even noticed he was up until he planted a kiss on the top of my head. I looked up at him, my chin on his chest, he kissed me on my lips once, making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy as a smile grew on his lips.

We got up a few minutes after, Sarah and John B were nowhere to be found but they left a note telling us they went to Sarah's. Pope and Kie were outside on the porch, discussing the plan for tomorrow.

"Hey, you two." Kie said as the two of us walked out. Kie had a knowing smile on her face, even though nothing really happened.

"Shut it!" I said, throwing an empty beer can at the girl who laughed when she blocked it.

I sat on the side of one of the other couches on the porch as I drank from my bottle of water. JJ came to stand in between my legs, a can of beer already in his hand even though he just woke up.

"I seriously worry about you sometimes." I said, tapping the side of the can with my nails.

"You do that, and I'll keep on kissing you, okay?" He said, jokingly moving his face from side to side before he kissed my nose.

"I like that deal." I smirked up at him. He matched my look as he looked down at me, taking another sip from his beer. My look faltered as I took the beer can from his hand and sat it down next to me.

"At least wait till like 3 or something." I suggested with a shrug.

"I'm warming up for later." He said, moving around like be was stretching, or something that is supposed to look like it. "Besides, It's five o'clock somewhere."

"I'm scared for your liver." I said. He was about to say something when Sarah and John B came running onto the porch.

"Big problem, Ward wants me to go fishing with him tomorrow morning." John B said. "Alone." JJ hissed.

"What? Why?" Kie asked.

"How am I supposed to know." John B shrugged, his voice going up a bit because of pure panic.