51 | Caren

Jae was terrified

               Jae was terrified.

               Cairo shown up here with two casually dressed bodyguards. He pushed forward to approach Jade and I stopped him by planting a hand on his chest and Andi and Joie blocked Jade.

               "Just leave her alone Cai."

               Cairo eyeballed me, taking my wrist and placing my hand on my side and cleared his throat, then pushed forward towards Jade. Andi and Joie instantly closed gap so he couldn't see Jade on the couch. "Come on Jade. It's time to go. I gotta on-call nurse that will be there to help you out."

               "She good," Joie remarked. "She have us to take care of her."

               Cairo angled his head to Jade, who sat there wordless. "Jade. You finna let people put shit in yo' head to break up what we got. Single mufuckas that don't know shit bout marriage. You really about to do this to yo' family—me, Margo, our baby coming?"

               I could tell Jade was fighting against wanting to stare at him.

               Cairo scoffed, bobbing his head, and sliding his hands into the pockets of his pricey suit pants. "This whatchu really want to do?" He let out a airy chuckle, jaw twitching. "Aight, you can go. But you won't be in kids life."

               "What!?" Jade finally spoke, moving Andi and Joie to see him and pushed up from the couch with a firm grip on her walker. "Y-You can't do that. You would hurt Margo. And the baby that Tonya's carrying, it's–it's mine. That's my egg, Cairo. You can't do that!"

               "I can't?" Cairo pushed forward, staring her dead in the eyes with Andi and Joie closing. "I can do what the fuck I want to do. You wanna leave, I'm giving you the right to. Have fun. But my baby will be just fine wit out you."

               "Cairo, please!" Jade cried coming from between Andi and Joie as easy as she could. "Don't do that. You can't just push me out of my baby's life and what about Margo? He will be devastated. That's my baby."

               "A devastation you gon' bring to 'em," Cairo pointed at her. "You deciding to leave, remember? You breaking up this family. So now you about to live with it." With that, Cairo turned around and left out leaving Jade crying.

               It reminded me of how Xavier done me and the feel of someone snatching your children from under you and it made me follow him out. "Cairo, wait!" he just reached the elevator when I caught up to him, "What're you doing Cai? You know taking Margo out of her line will hurt her and him. Then you're tryna keep her out the life of her baby?"