Chapter 37: Start or the End?

# 5,771

A circle is a mysterious shape, is it not? It doesn't have a start or an end. 

Miher and I were or are, I don't know if that's a past now, very much like that circle. I might remember where our story began but I don't think I truly know how it all started, everything, I mean everything that ensued right after it began. Sadly, I don't even know when it ended, or did it end? Did I snap the very last thread that was holding us? Even if I might be sane enough to discern it I don't wish to do it. Perhaps, I do miss him or I do not...

Oh! God, what has become of me. 

Oh! What have you done to me, Miher?

~ Aavya, two nights before that momentous drunk call to Miher. 

❋❋❋

Aman's next stop was the Malhotra's. It had to be. It scared the shit out of him but he deserved whatever was coming toward him. Leniency was definitely not on the list. And so were another plethora of pleasing words. 

It was already late evening and Aman must have waited for more than 30 minutes before deciding to walk in. If Zeehan was home and he must be then Aman was a dead man. Actually, he was a dead man walking months ago but Zeehan had procrastinated and today was the final blow. A part of Aman wished to die. It would be a kinder gesture. Sweeter than the torture he was enduring and no one was to blame but him.

When Aman entered the Malhotra's house it was dimly lit and deserted, he was let in by a house help. Aman did not remember when was the last time he was sweating so profusely. More than Jaai and Zara, the person he dreaded was Zeehan. After all, what can be worst than enraging a brother? He knew he'd kill anyone who would hurt Aavya. But he also knew he hadn't been a good brother either. He had failed at everything. What else was left? 

" Aman! Hey..." Jaai just walked in from the backyard.

" Uncle..."

" What are you doing here? Is everything okay?" He looked concerned.

" Is no one home?" He blurted.

" Uh... Zee and Zara went to the beachside. They have been pretty messed up, lately so I urged them to go get some air. I stayed back." He explained and Aman looked away nodding his head trying not to break down like a child.

" I-I came just to... " He stumbled upon his words.

Jaai waited.

" I wanted to apologize. "

" Oh! " It was a rather bland emotion as if Jaai was expecting something else.

" I really want to make amends if at all I'm allowed to..." He continued.

" Aman, son... There is only one person who can give you that answer." He knew what Jaai meant but it would take so much courage to even ask. More courage than what he had mustered to walk into this house. 

" Rosie..." It wasn't a question but it sounded like one.

" Yea, Rose. Well, there's been some development there. " Jaai sounded vague but casual.

" She knows? " He brought himself to ask.

" I suppose she does."

" Can I see her?" He begged.

" I wouldn't deny you but she's not home."

" I see... When will she be back? "

" That is one question I don't have an answer to. You see, she was hurt. Horribly. She is hurt definitely more so now than she was before... " Aman looked at him only to feel his cheeks wet.