31.5

the same events as in chapter 31 will be written here but this time about what aether and paimon were doing.

"see you later!" you said and waved aether and paimon off as you were staying behind with diluc to confirm your identity.

aether made his way on the wooden bridge, his eyes focused on what is in front of him. all the new designs, houses, food, smells and overall the new culture surely amazed him.

"aether, look! look!" paimon said as she floated behind him to some food stall. "can we get this please!" she spoke in her high pitched voice as she dragged out the 'please' from her sentence.

aether simply ignored the floating girl, he knew it would take too long to convince her and simply left the matter by continuing to walk.

on their way to the rite of descension, paimon kept asking to stop by stalls, only to be met with simple a simple 'no' from aether.

they ascended the stairs that were made out of thick stones, ascending so high up that they could party see half of liyue city from that spot.

aether kept on walking with paimon floating behind, they both looked around and cherished the scenery around them, the beautiful pink silk flowers and few glaze lillies in the small terrace along with the long bamboo caught their attention.

in front of them was the place where the rite of descension was going to be held, they walked towards the platform that was a little higher up and blended in the crowd.

now standing behind in the crowd, paimon who had been flaoting could see clearly, however, aether couldnt see much due to the fact that there were taller people in front of him.

"we gotta get up front! we cant see anything from here." paimon said. she didnt even wait for aether to allow it and just started floating above people, going to the front.

aether had no choice but to follow so he did. he made his way through the people, pushing them gently out of the way to catch up with paimon.

he managed to do it and now stood fairly close to the small statue in front of him. he could see clearer now what was happening and saw three woman standing in front of the ritual to summon rex lapis.

in the middle of them stood a fairly elegant woman, with red eyes and an overal professional appearance.

as she made a step forward, her long white-ashy hair, flew behind her into the wind. her hair was partly tied up into a bun and accessorized with a black hairpin.

what really caught aethers attention was the red tassel decoration atop her head which laid right between her eyes, complimenting the red color.

the woman glanced upwards, her hand out stretched to block the bright sun from her vision. she soon retracted her hand back in a slow and elegant manner, and then spoke up.