"Oh Honey, I Don't Lose."

Have you taken care of what I asked?”

Dante walks outside and speaks on the phone in a soft volume whilst Athena sleeps peacefully in his bed.

“Yes boss. I got rid of the original files and replaced them. Miss Ruiz will be none the wiser.”

“And have made contact with our mole?”

“Not yet sir. Mayor Ramirez keeps a tight circle. It’s even hard for our guy to get the information we need.”

“I don’t want to hear excuses Antonio. Tell him to do whatever it takes. I expect some news by tomorrow morning or else.”

“On it boss.”

Dante hangs up the phone and leans against the balcony rails whilst watching Athena’s chest gently rise and fall. He heads back inside to converse with Julie, the housekeeper on what to prepare for breakfast.

Athena’s p.o.v

I woke up to Dante’s side of the bed being cold, it seemed that he had already been up for hours at this point. I checked the time on my phone and saw multiple missed calls and text messages from my colleagues at work.

I immediately jumped out of bed and gathered my belongings, shouting Dante’s name like a mad women. Hearing the panic in my voice, Dante rushed into his bedroom and made way towards me.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s 11am. I’m beyond late for work.”

Dante flashed his award winning smile at me and let out a chuckle which only led to my frustration.

Honey you do realise I am your boss right?” He kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around me.

“I was hired to do a job and it wasn’t to warm your bed Dante.” I said through gritted teeth. Instead of getting agitated over my attitude, Dante seemed to be getting turned on.

You’re so lucky I don’t have time to punish you right now baby girl.”

 Dante grabbed my face so his eyes were now penetrating my own. He removed his hand from my face and moved slowly down to my neck where he gripped onto it tightly before devouring my lips in a frenzy. After a lust filled few minutes, we were now apart, my lips swollen and blushed.

“Call into work and tell them I had you working from home on something personal for me. If anyone has an issue with that I want you to assert your dominance, you’re the senior account of my company, and you don’t have to answer to those in inferior positions. Understood?” Dante spoke in a formal tone, addressing me as he would one of his business associates.

“Yes sir.” I say almost tempting him to throw me backwards onto his bed.

“You naughty girl. Go freshen up and meet me downstairs for breakfast, I have something to discuss with you.”

Dante casually walked out of the room, his face giving me no clue as to what was pondering in his mind. After a steamy shower that soothed my aching muscles, I threw on a pair of Dante’s boxers and t shirt before making my way downstairs where I was welcomed with the smell of freshly baked muffins and coffee.

Dante pat the seat next to him calling me over as I greeted Julie and she poured my hot beverage.

“I’m not sure if you know this but once a month, to blow off some steam I partake in an underground fight club.”

“I’ve heard rumours about this and some other things.” I take a sip of my coffee, regretting the last words to leave my mouth.

“The thing about rumours is, sometimes you just have to prove people right to get them off your back. They’ve already made their mind up about you, you might as well have a little fun.”