43: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 43

The weather was starting to get warmer as the end of March rolled in, which meant that the snow melted as rain started to fall.

It was currently Friday afternoon and school had just been let out about an hour ago. The rain had started to fall from the sky as soon as I pulled my car into the driveway and now that I was huddled in my room, I could see the rain drops hit my window pane at top speed. As I sat on my bed with my phone on my lap, I let out a sigh.

The rain outside reflected my mood perfectly at the moment; I was feeling down in the dumps and it was all because of Jett.

Since my Saturday shift at Kaffeine when he suddenly left to ‘work on the radio show’, it seems as though he’s been ditching me a lot more frequently. I wasn’t all that worried on Saturday as I thought maybe it could have just been something he was doing with the guys but after a whole week of being blown off, I was about ready to explode with frustration.

Sunday afternoon I had called him a few times because I was just sitting around my house and I thought maybe my boyfriend would want to come over and watch a movie to keep me company. Evidently I was wrong because the three times I picked up my phone and dialed his number that day he didn’t even bother to pick up his phone, and I let it ring a couple times before hanging up.

On Monday I arrived at school, only to receive a text from Jett telling me he was sorry for missing my calls the day before but he would make it up to me at lunch. However, when lunch time actually rolled around, Jett was nowhere to be seen and I had another text from him telling me that he was going out for lunch with the guys.

By that time, I was feeling put on the back burner in his life, as though he was slipping away from me after less than two months of being together.

The rest of the week went had preceded in a similar fashion and when the week had ended, I had only seen him twice at lunch and the few times in our English class when he had even bothered to show up.

I just wanted to know what was going on with him and if it was something that affect our relationship. If it happened to be something that had nothing to do with me and he was just keeping it to himself, I wouldn’t really mind because I know that he’s entitled to some secrecy, however, if he was cheating on me or wanted to break up, I would rather just know instead of being left in the dark.

Now it was Friday and I saw my phone was sitting in my lap with not a single text from Jett about tonight. Usually I would assume we were going to the café tonight for his performance but with the way he has been acting lately, I wasn’t so sure if I wanted to go tonight.

What I really needed now were my two best friends, so I sent a group text out;