Forty-four

The sunset was pretty, I could tell she was enjoying it, and I was enjoying just being with her

The sunset was pretty, I could tell she was enjoying it, and I was enjoying just being with her. Her happiness was all that mattered to me, without that, we were both lost in a sea of despair.

Her hand constantly was running through mine while she looked up at the sky, she had been showing me the constellations. I could listen to this girl talk all day.

"Oh and that's, Hydra," she whispered pointing to the cluster of stars. I couldn't make out the shapes or what the fuck she was pointing at.

"Do you see it?" She questioned, drawing it in the air with her finger.

"I sure do, Ly."

I could practically sense the smile on her lips. And then I felt a raindrop hit my face and then another.

The downpour happened so fast, I had no time to react. I grabbed my phone and the speaker, "come on baby, let's get back." I told her, standing up.

I made it about 3 steps when I notice she wasn't behind me, I turned and she was standing up, her back facing me. Her arms out and her head pushed back, she was soaking in the rain.

"Lyla, come on, it's raining," I shout, which causes her to turn around.

"No rain, no flowers," she yelled back.

And then I stood there, and watched as she let go, and danced in the rain, no music, just the sound of the waves crashing and the rain falling.

And at that very moment, I knew,

She was the love of my life.

I dropped everything, slowly walking over to her. Her smile was wide, and her eyes were so wildly filled with joy. My hands grasped the sides of her face, and she gave me one of those heart-stopping smiles.

"Hi love," she whispered.

I couldn't speak. I was speechless.

"East, what's wrong," she whispered once again.

"I didn't think I could fall more in love with you. You proved me wrong." I spoke softly before bringing her lips to mine.

She slowly pulled away from me, "dance with me?"

I let go of her face, replacing my hands on her waist, pulling her close to me. She laid her head on my chest, and we swayed in the rain.

"I love it when you're like this," she spoke, barely even a whisper.

Me too baby, me too.

I didn't know how to always be like this, but with her, I would try.

I wanted to be with her through everything. This was it, this is who my whole life would be dedicated to. And I knew that, I knew that months ago, I knew that years ago, when she first stuck out her hand telling me her name.