It Comes in Threes

TW: physical violence, mentions of blood and vomit

This is a stressful chapter. Please keep that in mind as you continue. Also, I am rushing this chapter out for you all so if there are any typos I'll come back and fix them later tonight. I just wanted to post this for you all as soon as I could! 

Song Recommendation: "Exit Music (For a Film)" By: Radiohead

Cassandra's mind was drowning as she slowly blinked back into this world. Her eyes couldn't pinpoint a single thing in her surroundings, vision dizzily dancing around. She felt sick to her stomach anytime her eyes wandered into a patch of light, though it appeared there wasn't much here.

Wherever here is.

One thing she was sure of was the fact her head was fucking pounding. Each heartbeat seemed to be accompanied by a painful stab into her cranium.

She eventually decided to give up on seeing, focusing her strengths on different sensations. Something on the back of her head felt...hot?

Cassandra was itching to wipe away, touch the hot sticky fluid oozing down the back of her head, reaching her neck. She was sure it was blood, a result of the initial strike from her unknown attacker.

Unknown attacker.

Bits and pieces of the night were leaking back in.....A cat. Darkness. Hands. A crash.

Adrian?

She jerked back to life, eyes open, neck wimping upright though the motion almost made her vomit.

She groaned, feeling the steady flow of hot red magma in her hair, and she attempted to reach for it.

A light sting simmered through her nerves as her wrists fought against restraints, biting into her flesh. Trying her vision again she could make out thick tan ropes coiled around something, tying her wrists to it.

At this point Cassandra had glued together a few pieces of this terrifying puzzle.

1. She was certain her attacker had struck her in the head which seemed to be causing her various issues.

2. Those symptoms most likely seemed like a concussion.

3. She was not  safe. She was tied to something with ropes. Most likely to a chair.

This knowledge did little to comfort her but thanks to the thumping in her head, she couldn't focus on untangling the thick coil of emotions she was feeling at the moment.

Her new mission needed to be to fix her head, get out of here, get some answers... really a mix of it all.

Before Cassandra could calculate any moves she heard muffled, hushed whispers. A voice was clearly distressed though she couldn't see why...the fucker wasn't tied up to a chair. 

Within the muffled distance a voice was saying, "Well have you heard from him? This was all his idea anyway."

Cassandra couldn't even begin to deceiver than message before another voice answered, gruff and deep, "Yes, he's on his way. Now have you checked on the bitch? She still out?"

Two separate, distinct voices. Her bright idea that Adrian was her capture flew out the window. She wasn't sure if this revelation brought solace or dread. This wasn't Adrian. Who else was after her?

A loud creaking sound rung out as more light poured into the room, making Cassanda's stomach churn as she grunted, eyes straining to sharpen the dull tall shadows moving closer.