Chapter 31 - The Fire is Extinguished

The three couples encircled Yi Ran.

They were at a standstill, all waiting for the right moment to strike. The descending rain had lightened, just slightly tugging the cultivators' robes down a bit from the weight. The three couples drew their weapons, while Yi Ran held her two balls of blue fire.

"How scary..." Yi Ran didn't fall for the intimidation. She just cooed cunningly like a fox, trying to find the perfect time to run off and escape.

Her amber eyes flashed, as they landed on Shen Qingqiu.

"I wonder who's the weakest one here..." She smiled.

Hearing that, the three couples subconsciously scuffled towards Shen Qingqiu's area, afraid that Yi Ran might aim to flee at that section. Instead, Yi Ran directly fled in the opposite direction—the area which Lan Zhan guarded.

Within an instant, Yi Ran had already ran a few metres away-

She hurriedly ducked, as Lan Zhan's sword, Bichen swept through the air. Bichen was merely inches away from slicing off her own neck.

Yi Ran gritted her teeth, as the remaining three couples surrounded her once again.

To her, it felt like she could never get rid of these minions following her.

"How annoying." She seethed. Her job was to destroy Yunmeng Jiang from the inside, not to spend most of her energy on fleeing. Her eyebrows furrowed from irritation, as she balanced her weight on her two feet. "Are you guys sure you want to spend time on detaining me?"

Yi Ran put on her friendliest smile. "I'm afraid there's nothing I know that will interest you."

The three couples remained unmoved at that statement.

Yi Ran's smile faded away. "Fine. Look down at me like that. Continue to do so, and I will proceed to burn this city down. It'll be so hot that nobody can stop it..."

All of a sudden, the two balls of blue fire in her palms began to whirl. Spiritual energy began to stick onto one another, thickening the heat and temperature. The blue fire had roared as it was replenished with energy, wildly showing off its flames like a peacock showing off its tail.

Yi Ran bit her lip. She threw one ball of blue fire at the nearest person, Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan dodged effortlessly, with the ball of blue fire overpassing his head and landing in the distance—a deafening sound shook the earth. All three couples were astonished to find that the ball of blue fire had exploded, unveiling the rapidly spreading blue flames.

Fire that pertained the colour of the blue skies had roared aflame. They caught on nearby buildings, engulfing the structures in their stomach.

The blue fire had a big appetite. No matter how much buildings it set aflame, the fire wouldn't stop spreading! Despite of the light rain, the blue fire was not affected at all. At this rate, the fire might spread to the entirety of Yunmeng Jiang!

Sensing the three couples' disbelief, Yi Ran hurriedly slipped away.

However, she was stopped by Luo Binghe. His sword, Zhengyang had slashed across the air.

Yi Ran quickly dodged, bending backwards to avoid the slash. After dodging, she straightened her bent back, then dashed forwards.

Luo Binghe didn't think that the young lady would go forwards instead of fleeing.

He raised his sword, then slashed multiple times. No matter which direction he threw his sword at, Yi Ran had been ready for it. She dodged left, right. Occasionally, she'd duck below, avoiding blows that would've directly decapitated her.