Chapter 28

*HEY, GUYS. I'LL MAKE THIS BRIEF. NO QUESTIONS FOR NOW. VIDEO IN THE MULTIMEDIA IS: Deathbeds BMTH Piano Cover BY Wait4April. ENJOY THE CHAPTER!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 28

My mind was a blur of emotions. I didn't know how to feel, what to say, what to do. What can I do?

Run.

Sam warned me. I did as he said. I began calmly excusing myself from Scapegrace's presence but I didn't get far for she grabbed onto my arm with a vice tight grip. Her hand literally felt like a metal clamp and I looked down to see it was gloved, as was her other hand. She tightened her grip and I winced from the pressure. "Excuse me, ma'am," I whimpered, "but I really need to go..! Please, let me go." Her grip only grew tighter and I feared my arm wouldn't be able to take it anymore. I did something I shouldn't have. "Let me go," I growled as I kneed her gut. Her hold on me faltered long enough for me to race past her and hide within the pulsating crowd on the dance floor. I pulled out my phone and yelled, "Ben, get out here, now! It's Scapegrace! She's here!!"

Upon demand, Ben came flashing next to me. He had his illusion on but he wielded knives with him. "Jeff should be coming at any moment," he told me, before pulling me further into the crowd. I spotted Scapegrace through the moving bodies of dancers and her eye sent chills through my body. She was coming towards me, trying to catch me in the crowd. She got closer within a moment's notice and Ben got ready to fight. But, before they could confront each other, the music stopped and everyone stopped what they were doing. There were sudden gunshots and everyone gasped or screamed with surprise. I had flinched.

"You've got some nerve coming in here, Scapegrace," a voice bellowed, "after what you did to the boss! Now he's behind bars! Because of this, we'll put you six feet under!" There was a group of men, no doubt the Jackals, who stood surrounding her. They all wielded guns and all of them were pointed towards Scapegrace. Ben pulled me close to him and I clawed to his shirt out of nervousness. What's going to happen?

"Say your prayers, you son of a bitch," a man had growled before cocking his gun and aiming. Everyone started running out of the line of danger, which left no crowd to cover Ben and I. Ben pulled me away and towards a booth, where he had me hide under the table. He crouched beside me and I could see the tension in his body. The both of us watched as all of the men started firing at Scapegrace. I screamed and covered my ears as the loud gunshots collided into a deafening symphony. When the noises had stopped, I looked back at the scene and was surprised to see Scapegrace still standing. She was still staring straight at me and I felt colder for it. She raised up a clenched hand and I gaped as she dropped all of the bullets that were fired at her. They scrambled across the dance floor, scattering at her feet. The gang members were stumped.

Scapegrace turned towards the man who bellowed out the threats and she began menacingly sauntering her way to him. He raised up his gun to fire again but she was too quick and she kicked the weapon out of his hand. The other men starting firing but nothing happened to her. She stuck out her arm and opened up her jacket sleeve more, letting more bullets fall out of it like a sick magic trick. Before any more gunshots were erupted, Scapegrace attacked all of the men, jumped from one to another, leaving a trail of unconscious gang members behind. Soon all of the men were subdued, which left her standing alone. Everyone who was partying had fled out of fear so the only people left were her, Ben and me.

She slowly, creepily turned back to face me and I gulped. Ben stood up and brandished his knives. She cocked her head as she glared at him and I could sense the tension rising between them. Without any word, Ben ran forward to execute the first move. He swiped at Scapegrace, jutted his blades out to stab but she dodged every move. Ben kicked but she caught his leg and twisted him around until he fell to the floor. Ben growled and swiped his legs, kicking Scapegrace's from out under her. She fell too but would roll away when Ben stabbed at her. He pounced and they went tumbling across the dance floor.