Waiting For Round Two

Izuku watched the rest of the matches in a daze, unable to fully concentrate on them. He wanted to analyze the fights, he really did, but his thoughts kept trailing back to his match earlier.

When he had got too his seat, he saw Kirishima and Testutetsu having an arm wrestle as the tie breaker, which Kirishima won. He wasn't focused on that, though. Only what had happened earlier.

He hadn't meant to throw her that far. He could've hurt her!!

He didn't want to hurt anyone, though, that would make him a villain, like his dad, and he didn't want that!

He needed more control over his quirks, this Sports Festival was making that clear. First he stole Bakugou's quirk, and now he had pushed Ashido much harder than he had intended.

....Gods, if he hadn't been so reluctant to train All for One, he would have more control! But instead they had wasted precious training time because he was worried it would make him a villain.

He was so stupid!!

He sank into his seat, vaugly aware of how Kaminari drove Dark Shadow off with his electricity, short circuting and winning the round.

If he hadn't been so stupid, then he wouldn't have taken Bakugou's quirk by accident, and he wouldn't have used too much power in his fight with Ashido.

Mistakes like that could be horrible in the field, he knew that.

Ashido walked into the stands, glaring at Izuku but ultimantly fine. That was.. good. If he had hurt her, then it was minor enough that Recovery Girl could heal it and she wouldn't need any rest.

But still, if he had used any more power than he had...

He sighed as he distantly watched Yaoyorozu make Hagakure step over the border with her staff.

At least he had come to the realization now, instead of in the field were someone could seriously get hurt....

Kirishima came running up to him, "Hey Midoribro!! Congratulations on winning your match! I didn't see it, but I'm sure it was super manly!!"

It was not 'super manly', but Izuku wasn't sure he wanted to tell him that, not when he seemed so happy. So instead, Izuku hummed in response, "Thanks, Kiri.."

Kirishima sat down next to him, "Is something wrong? You sound kinda sad."

He turned away from the red head, fiddling with the hem of his shirt, "Yeah, I'm fine, just..... Well, you know how I only recently got my quirks?"

Kirishima gave an affirmitive hum, "Yeah? What about it? Was someone being a jerk to you about it or something?"

He quickly shook his head, "No, no, it's not that. I just... I don't have good control over my quirks since I got them so late, and because of that I hurt people. I.. I accidentally took Kacchan's quirk, and I used too much power with One for All in my match with Ashido... But.... I'm also doing extra training sessions with Aizawa-sensei and All Might-sensei, so that I can learn to control them better. Thing is, I was delaying the training because I wouldn't cooperate and train All for One as well... I feel like if I hadn't done that, I would've been able to make more progress, and then I might not've done... that."

A firm hand was placed on his shoulder, and Kirishima said, "Yeah, you probably would've made more progress if that hadn't happened. But, it makes sense that you wouldn't want to use All for One, with how everyone treats you for it. So don't beat yourself up over it, okay?"

Izuku leaned into Kirishima's touch, "Yeah, right... Thanks, Kirishima. I don't deserve you.."

"No way, Midoribro, you deserve the world"

Izuku didn't agree with that statement, but he didn't argue against it, either. They went quiet after that, but it was a nice quiet.

At the moment, Todoroki was working on melting the glacier he'd used to freeze Hatsume. It had seemed a bit overkill, to be honest, and Hatsume didn't even get a chance to show off her inventions.

It took awhile before the areana was clear of ice, but when it was, Iida and a 1-B student named Kuroiro walked onto the field. Izuku was excited to watch the match, since he didn't know what Kuroiro's quirk was, but as soon as the match started, Iida pushed Kuroiro out of the ring. It was a bit disappointing, honestly.

"Well, we should probably go to our waiting rooms. I'll see you in our match!" Kirishima said, standing up.

Oh, right, their match.

"Yeah, I'll see you then.." He answered, walking off to his own waiting room.

Hopefully, he wouldn't hurt Kirishima like he almost had too Ashido..

He didn't want to make one of his only friends turn on him.