Ch.14, PATH A: Bridge

┍━━━━━━━☟━━━━━━━┑
[WARNING/TRIGGER WARNING (TW)]: This chapter contains descriptions of blood, violence, gore, discrimination, slurs, disturbing and dark themes in general. I do not condone any of it.

The antagonist (the 'yandere') is supposed to be unsettling and immoral (abusive), I do not condone his ways.

This is Horror, not romance.

This book is purely a work of fiction and is not to be emulated in real life. Nor does it encourage others to be like the characters in this book.
┕━━━━━━━☝︎━━━━━━━┙

The Medic groaned and placed gripped onto the dilapidated window frame tightly, shards of glass digging into her army gloves.

She hopped out of the opening and saw Husband fleeing the scene with you in his arms. She smirked triumphantly at his limping as his shoulder is pouring out buckets of red. But her smirk was then wiped away, replaced with a sympathetic and guilty frown when she realized that she also shot you.

It seems like the blast affected his hearing as well. The Medic expected him to turn around the moment she landed her hand on the window frame since his hearing was as incredible as a hound's. Now, it's laughable. He can't even hear the Medic gradually advancing towards him with heavy footfalls.

She ignored the pain and continued with vengeance as a driving force. That dratted blond took almost everything away, from her and from the personnels of St Hedonismus. Nothing else matters now except the sight of his head rolling away from his decapitated neck and the sight of you recovering from your torment.

Her muscles contracted and worked together to aim the barrel of her shotgun to the back of Husband's head. Seemingly oblivious that he is a few seconds away from death and misery.

The blond did not turn around, but he continued grunting in pain as he dragged himself away from the mess. Husband blinked slowly and sighed, lovingly staring at your unconscious face before placing a sweet kiss on your forehead. He mumbled something about having the Hedonistic god grant him power, does he truly believe in that? Only the Higher Hedonist above him and himself knows.

"Die, you fuckin Kraut." Hissed the Medic as she pulled the trigger. She closed her eyes as well.

BANG!

Why did she close her eyes in the first place? Was it because she still had some humanity left in her? Was she afraid that her aim wasn't on him, but accidently placed on you instead?

Whatever the reason is, regardless she squeezed her eyes closed or leave them wide open, she failed in doing what she wanted to the most.

She let out a shaky gasp as she stumbled backwards. The Medic pressed her hand against her chest to stop the gaping hole from expelling her crucial biological fluids. The Medic looked up with wide, bloodshot eyes.

The menace, your 'Husband' is pointing at the Medic with a handgun. It has grey smoke coming out of the scorching hot barrel. His other arm was carrying you like a sack of rice over his shoulder, some of his blood is smeared on you. He was scowling and wincing in pain, the blond has enough of this. Enough of the Medic's shenanigans, it's time for her to pay for all the trouble.

The Medic wordlessly stared at him, she remains frozen in shock. She can't possibly kill him now, he's just too fast. No matter what she does, it's only going to point towards her shallow grave.

Soon, realization came crashing down on her. Fear began consuming her mind and Adrenaline is all used up. She's beginning to feel the sharp and excruciating pain. Her breaths became short and erratic, struggling to breathe when there is a piece of metal forcefully lodged in your lung.

"Fuck... you..." She rasped out as she collapsed down to her knees. The Medic was conflicted on what to do, she still has enough energy and breaths to taunt him- to buy time. But... she's so tired. Maybe if she play-dead, Husband would leave her alone and give her a slim chance to get back at him later.

Husband scoffed before pulling the trigger a few more times, just to speed up the process and to give a clear message to 'latecomers'.

You should be grateful that you're unconscious. Or else you would have needed to face the horrors of Husband's most brutal handicrafts.