Chapter 71

Ethan and Tomas seem to be really getting along making it easier for me to be invested into my talk with Kelly, I do keep close to Tomas though.

That doesn't seem to last long, "Midget!" I turn to Emmanuel approaching with five others of my cousins. We have Dominic, the oldest of uncle Sam's children, his little brothers-twins- Jerome and Jeremy. Then there's Caleb, uncle Raf's first then their little sister, Jess.

"Good to have you back!" Caleb, also the oldest out of all of us, tousles the front of my hair.

"It's good to be back," I smile up at him.

"Ooo, is this your phone?!" Jeremy digs in my pocket taking my phone.

"Caleb, Tomas," I spin watching Jeremy run. "Tomas, Caleb. Imma be right back," I go after Jer. "Jeremy!"

"Where do you think you're going?!" MEthan steps in my way.

"Don't play with me," I warn him.

"Or what?" Emmanuel challenges as Jerome follows Jeremy, I try but get stopped.

"Imma beat your ass Ethan,"

"Yeah? What you gonna do?!"

"Oh?!" I step forth only to be dragged by behind.

"Can't let you do that!" Emmanuel pokes me right in the ribs. God I hate them!

"Who's baby?" I turn to Jeremy who's back and staring down at my phone. "You guys seems to call a lot!" I glance over at Tomas.

"Give me my phone back!" I start for him.

"You got a man?"

"Jer my phone!" How'd he even get in?! I start to rush after him only for him to speed up ahead-my feet are off the ground before I even know what's happening, blood rushes to my head that's seeing the world up side down. "Put me down!"

"Who's this new boyfriend of yours?!" Emmanuel speaks form above me.

"I have you guys so much!" They always do this! We start to me and I place my and on his pack flipping my hair up. "Caleb stay with Tomas would you?!" My shoulder starts to throb so I let go.

We keep walking before I see a change in tiles to place as white square ones. They always end up on someone's shoulder, it's how they tell me I'm fairly petite in size, like I don't know. "There you do," I'm out down and I flip hair out my face.

"Where's Jer?"

"Here." I turn to see him moves to me, he hands me my phone back and I snatch in shoving him.

"Jeez! If you guys wanted me alone all you had to do was ask!" I notice they brought me into the game room. The LED lights give it all away.

"We didn't want to me rude," Emmanuel steps back, "so we chased you out."

"I mean, we are all wondering where you got that from?" Ethan points to my shoulder. "I don't remember you having it before."

"It's a mark."

"We know." Jerome moves in. "We do have mates you know, we know how it works."

"You should have brought him with you," I watch Emmanuel talk, "we would love to meet the guy." My heart leaps before dropping to my ass.

"You guys don't know how to play nice." I tell them.

"That's ridiculous."

"Is it?" I turn to Ethan. "All the times I would tell you guys about my crushes you'd never be shy to express just how you feel about then."

"This is different," Jerome chuckles, "this is your mate."

"Second chance mate actually."

"Oh?" I nod to Ethan's response. "What happened to your mate mate?"

"Cheated."

"Shit."

"I rejected him then had Tomas bite over his mark-"

"Tomas?!" I turn to Emmanuel. Fuck. "As in the beta you brought?!" I'm stared at by four pair of eyes, brown, blue, brown, hazel. Ethan shoots Emmanuel a look before they all start looking between each other. "Nadia..." he drags my name a little.

"What?" I look at them.

"Your beta?" Ethan asks, I can tell from their tone they don't approve.

"This is why I don't fucking talk to y'all-"

"No! What he means is," Jer tries to redeem themselves, "a beta and his alpha is enough, mating with your beta can be a little complicated."

"Why would it be complicated?"

"We just want you to be careful," Jerome ignores my question. I roll my eyes turning from them.

"Great! You pissed her off!"

"Well if he makes her happy then what's the problem?"

"I never said there was a problem," Jer responds to Ethan.

"That's not what she heard-"

"They're close," Emmanuel interrupts, "we'll have to pick this up later." We fall silent and I listen into the mumbles of Caleb talking before they walk in on us, my heart drums at the sight of Tomas smiling to something Caleb said.

Bailey's behind them taking to Kelly and then you have Tili talking with Jess. "Are you guys going to tell Caleb?" I want to know, he's always been a big brother to me, they all have.

"My bet is," Emmanuel moves, "he already knows." He comes to a stop in front of Kelly interrupting whatever conversation she was having with Bailey.

"We should all just watch a movie, since it's already late." Ethan announces.

"We'll pick!" Emmanuel races off in the direction of the threaten room with Ethan behind him. I watch them go before feeling the warmth of a hand on my lower back, I lean into Tomas' body.

"You okay?" I nod to his questions as we follow behind, Jer leaves with my sister be we walk into a sixteen chaired cinema.

"We can all take a corner with the exception of someone in the middle," Jerome says and I'm already moving to the far right corner with Tomas in hand, it's not until Jer comes back with his mate and the mates of others that the lights dim and the movie starts.

The movie plays in the background but we hardly pay attention in the back row, we kiss soundlessly, long and soft with our fingers still locked together. He throws an arm behind my seat as I tug on him in between kisses.

For the most part, we're not even looked at but that doesn't mean I don't see both Emmanuel and Ethan turn their heads to us, both time when Tomas and just pulled away for each other. I'm going to kill them.

Emmanuel and I met when I was around ten, he was adopted into the pack and we seems to get along well since he was already hanging around with Ethan and Jess. Ethan, although he's my older cousin, loves to play the big brother card and having both him and Emmanuel against me is hard in a situation.

I tend to try stay on their good side.