Chapter 70

"What's going on?" I asked Hames.

"Samantha and Dash have been arrested." Hames said, strolling into the room.

"Really? That's great."

"That isn't the end though. Court stuff, blah blah blah." He sighed, shoving his thumbs into his front pockets. "Are you going somewhere?"

"No, I'm not." I replied, staring at my face in the mirror.

"I don't think I've told you that you look extremely beautiful today." He walked over to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm so glad. I could've lost you." I pivoted to him, brushing his hair with my fingers and rested the back of my palm on his forehead. "Feels really better. I thought something bad had happened to you. Your body temperature was so high."

"I told you, you're the solution to my problems. How can I possibly be I'll when you're with me? I have to take care of you and our cute little princess." He led me to sit on the couch, crouching in front of me with my hands in his.

"Little princess? I'm certain I want a baby boy. He should be hot, breathtaking, able to make all girls swoon over him at how dashing he is , he should establish his own business after taking over our business then be a multibillionaire, and he should make us proud."

"Hot and breathtaking like me? I understand that." He smirked, "but I want her to be very beautiful like her mother, and be just like you."

"He-"

"Wait, sweetheart. Do you realize something?" He cut me off. "We can't choose the gender of the baby. We'll accept its gender and I don't have a problem with having a boy or a girl, as long as you are its mother."

I beamed. "Me too, as long as you're its father."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

He lifted my shirt a bit, caressing my bump while whispering words.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"I have to create an emotional connection between me and the baby before she comes out so she'll love me more than she ought to. I have to speak with her though she's still in your womb." He planted a kiss on my belly.

"Hi," Faith knocked on the door that was already opened. "I'm sorry to interrupt but Mrs. Hendrix and Miss Hart are here." She smiled.

"Oh, Mom."

"And Amanda..." I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"She's still my best friend. It'd be unfair to cut her off after so many years of being friends. She was of good help to me when you were away, helping out with cooking and providing emotional support."

"I'm certain she just wants you." I rolled my eyes.

"Whether or not she wants me, you have me, and no one can take your place in my life. Stop being so jealous." He rose to his feet and helped me to my feet as well, pulling my shirt down.

"Thank you,and I'm not jealous." I stood on my tiptoes to give him a kiss. "By the way, you should re-employ other workers. Faith can't do everything alone, and the security needs to be strong again so the same mistake with Sam coming in won't happen again."

"Yes, I definitely will."

We left for the living room to Trisha and Amanda. For some reason, they both looked extremely shocked to see us.

"Whoa, look who's finally back. I can't believe Hamzy looks so right and well again." Trisha was the first to speak.

"Yeah, me neither. I had to add sleeping pills to his juice to make him sleep because he wasn't going to sleep without thinking of her." Ananda said, saying 'her' in a deeper tone.