Chapter 17- Draco's Dramatics

Frannie stood at the entrance to the Great Hall, hiding behind a stone pillar as she saw the students begin to dig into dessert. The Marauders looked rather disinterested in their food for once, talking in hushed voices as Lily kept glancing at the doorway.

"I nearly forgot," Draco looked up from beside her, his gaze flashing with guilt. "Today's your birthday, then?" He smirked. "Finally joined the adult club?"

"That's in the muggle world," Frannie grumbled, "I was seventeen ages ago. It's not my fault I'm the youngest of our class."

Draco shook his head, looking rather disappointed. "I still don't see how you weren't put in Weaselette's grade."

"Because I'm special," Frannie winked at her cousin, twirling her wand. He rolled his eyes.

"Keep that up and you'll be the next Potter," Draco ducked his head around the doorway. "Now are we going to just stand here or—"

Frannie swatted him on the arm, sending him a glare. "Aren't you the least bit nervous? Your family and the relatives of everyone we know are in there."

Draco shrugged, buttoning the top of his collar. "After all we've experienced, I don't see why you're so fazed."

Frannie growled, grabbing his arm. "Fine, then." She pulled her cousin into the Great Hall, going largely unnoticed for the first few seconds as they made their way down the aisle, although she could feel Dumbledore's twinkling gaze on her side.

"Hold on," Draco pulled away from her as the Hogwarts students began to realize the strange duo had returned. Her cousin curled his lip. "In no timeline will I ever sit at the lion table."

Frannie rolled her eyes, heading towards the emerald and silver banners. "Fine." Surprised that no one had stopped them yet, she found an empty spot at the end of the table and pulled her cousin into a seat. "Now act normal."

"Black, you literally just dragged me across the entire student body," Draco reached over and grabbed a green apple, taking a satisfied bite. "I'd say it ruined those prospects."

Frannie flushed a faint pink, wondering how her cousin still had an appetite.

"Oi, who said you could sit here?" a dark-haired boy sneered at her from her right side, his blue gaze cruel. Frannie swore he was a Rosier.

Draco looked over, narrowing his silver gaze. "Didn't know I needed your permission."

"And who are you?" Lucius's tone was cold as he surveyed his son, a look of unease in his eyes as he noticed their similar features. Frannie suppressed a snort. The two could pass as twins.

"Draco." Her cousin replied, his gaze softening as it fell on Narcissa Black. His mum looked rather nervous; her hand placed hesitantly on Lucius's arm. "Draco Malfoy."

The Slytherin table froze, all gazes flickering between Lucius and Draco. Frannie buried her head in her hands, wishing her cousin wasn't so obvious.

"And yeah, I'm your son," Draco continued, his voice emotionless as he took a bite of his apple, his jaw twitching as he chewed. "And we're both technically Slytherins. So, I think I have a right to sit here, Rosier," he sneered, swallowing his bite.

"So, you're both time travellers?"

Frannie looked up as she heard Regulus's voice, her uncle examining them carefully.

"Yeah," Draco looked between them, seeming to recognize their shared features. "You must be Regulus Black," he smirked, holding out a pale hand. "I'm a big fan."

Frannie winced, thinking of the Slytherin Locket. She knew Regulus had died in its pursuit and it had also led to Dumbledore's death, although she had never heard Potter's full account of what exactly had happened in the cave. Something to do with Inferi.