The emperor birthday banquet

"........" = talking
'........' = telepathic
............. = timeskip

Ariana's pov

A few day ago exactly the day after I first cook, felix who has never take a day off in his entire life took his first day off. He must've have been seriously ill to even take a day off. Athy too have stomache ache that day and daddy called a magician to heal. Did those two eat something wrong the day before that?

"Princess, you are so beautiful."

At the maids's compliment, I look myself at the mirror. Today is the day emperor birthday ball was held and the day the story was tragic. But unlike the story, athy hasn't absorb raven and daddy hasn't lost his memory either but I shouldn't let my guide down. After all, I haven't found the whereabout of the main villain.

"I heard that today the second prince of faunus empire will attend as a respresentative for his country."

Huh? Did they come in the story as well? Their names wasn't even mention so I didn't know.

Faunus empire: one of the two empire in the continent but it is much weaker than obelian empire. Even for them, there was also times when they were on per with us. Was it about nearly 200 years ago? Their imperial family control the spirit of the world and they recieve blessing from the king of fairy forest. But for unknown reason, their power disappeared and there is no one in the bloodline that is born with the ability to contract with spirit and their traits, green hair anymore.

Huh? Green hair? Didn't the brat I've met in the market have green hair too? Is he perhaps the second prince of the fanus empire? I should comfirm with it my own eyes today.

.............

What is this? I was pretty nervous about today because of what happened in the story but isn't this just...no very boring.

Athy and I are sitting on a chair beside the emperor's throne and many nobles come to give their greeting one by one.
The nobles always try to flatter us or tell about what great gift they gave. Everyone is the same. This is no fun.
Athy is still formally smiling at all the nobles but I didn't give a damn about the bored expression I'm making.

"Ari, you shouldn't do this in the pulic."

Athy whispers to me. My mood was so bad that I let my thought out without me knowing.

"Why? But this is boring. Aren't they all just flattering and trying to lick our shoes? Listening at the same talk everytime make my ears hurt."

Claude smirk at my words while athy looks dumbfound. After a moment, I realize what I've done and look at mister doggy who is greeting us right now.

I smile innocently at him like I've done nothing wrong. Even ijekiel behind him was shaking visibly while still bowing. The duke then said smiling awardly and an irk mark on his forehead.

"I'll excuse myself as it seems the second princess isn't feeling well."

Then the nobles continue their greeting along with my boredom until it reaches at a certain person turn.

"Blessing and glory upon the suns of the obelian empire."

This voice! 'Why are you following me?'  I turn my attention toward the familiar voice.

"I am Adrian Laurel Faunus, the second prince of the faunus empire. I congratulate on your birthday, your majesty."

The man in front of me lower his purple eyes and gives his greeting. What a pity. His hair isn't green but purple long hair and I don't smell any forest scent on him. I must've mistaken the voice. I lost my interest in him the moment I realize that.

"Ari, where are you going?"

Athy asked me who just sit up from my seat.

"To eat some sweets."

Claude ordered felix to follow me but I refuse saying it'll be only for a moment. And I head toward where the food are.

While enjoying my food, the sight of a familiar back caught my eyes. His back seems familiar but I can't be too sure.
.....................

Adrian's pov

My back hurts. Why does the second princess want from me to look at me with such burning eyes? While I'm deep in my thought, a person from the delegation that come with me suddenly whisper to me.

"Why don't you request a dance from the second princess of obelian? She seems to be interested in you."

Umm..it isn't impossible. After all I'm quite good looking, I will make a favor to the poor princess.
.................

Ariana's pov

The prince walks toward me and extends his hand.

"May I have this dance?"

If I want to know if he really was the man from before, I should just ask directly. With that thought, I place my hand on his and he smirks. What's up with his expression like he knew everything? He is suspicious.

At that time in adrian's head, 'I was right. The princess is in love with me seeing as she doesn't take her eyes off from me.'

"Do you remember me from the other day?"

I starts the conversation while dancing.

'Did she want my attention that much? I didn't know she was that deeply in love with me.'
"You don't have to tell lies. I already know everything."

As I thought, he was that man after all. He must've change his hair with magic. And he recognizes me with one glance! He has good sight.

"Is that so? Then I'm glad. But can you not tell about that to the others."

He gives me a look of unexpected.

"You want to keep it a secret?"

Yes! I don't wanna get caught sneaking out of palace. But isn't that the same for you too? You came out with no guard too. I nod at him.

Is she too shy to be found out by someone? Well, I must be like her first love. So I should kind to her.'
"Then, that will be a secret between us."

Yeah! Bring it until your grave. But why do you look like you are doing me a favor?

And the dance with the second prince end like that but aren't I forgetting something?
.................

How did the situation come to this?

"Princess ariana, you look like you were enjoying earlier."

I can see dark aura coming out from him. Did I do something wrong? I'm currectly dancing with ijekiel. I don't know how things come to this but when I come to my sense, I'm already dancing with him. I'm sure he used some trick to make me like this.

"I'm waiting for princess's letter everday but it never come. I wonder why......"

Oop! I was busy practicing magic that I forget the promise to write to him.

"Are you perhaps forgot?"

I avoid his gaze while answering.

"...no, it is not."

"Why don't you look my eyes and answer?"

Ijekiel smiles at me while saying. Graa...he is so scary. Where did the anglic smile ijekiel always wear go? And what is this devil smile? But the real problem was I'm still thinking that he still look handsome.

Sob..sob..I'm scared. Someone save me.
But as always, no savior come for me. And after that, I have to meet with an angry claude. He is also scary and handso......stop! stop! My thought! I'm sure there is something wrong within my head.