Chapter 10

(1558 words) (plz read bottom)
"What the actual fuck is going on?" she said in between deep fast breaths. She had a hand on her chest just to make sure she hadn't died and this was some sort of weird heaven or hell situation. The small things that flew in the air were now sitting on table.

They looked like small people but their tiny face had been morphed. They seemed to faces similar to owls, flat round cheeks with lip that poked out like small beaks. Enyo's chest shook violently under her uneven breath and she extended her hand out to the creature. It cheerfully climbed onto the pads of her finger tips. It's body was light and tingly on her skin, it couldn't have been any bigger than the nail on her thumb.

She brought it to her face spearing less than an inch between them. It's skin was pale and scaly. It's eyes resembled those of a teddy bear, it curled it's beak like lips into a smile. Enyo smiled and let out a shaky breathe and turned to Tobi who was still standing against the door.

His dirty blonde hair was now a sleek shining black. She pursed her lips up and gulped.

"What is this place?" she said in a wavering voice.

"Well this is a library, I thought that was obvious," he laughed pushing himself off the wall. She rolled her eyes and huffed. The seriousness of the moment was gone.

"Come on jackass I'm being serious," she  spun the chair around to face him fully, being careful not to shake her too much that the small creature would fly away.

"And I'm serious as well this is a library. A portal between the mortal world the Hux," he said strolling towards the table where she sat. She gave him a puzzled look. He stood on the other side of the wooden table. He looked to his right where the rest of the library sat. He inched his finger as if he was trying to call someone over.

From the depths of the library's the sound of rattling wheels raced towards them. An old chalk board stopped next to Tobi with a huge halt. It was covered in complex math problems and small doodles of animals in the corner. Suddenly the chalk began shake violently and clumped together in the middle. It disbursed into a smiley face that seemed to blink a couple times. It's eyes shifted as if it was looking for something. It's face seemingly lit up as it's eyes landed on Tobi.

"Oh your finally back Master! It's been some time," it spoke. The voice that came out sounded like an older Scottish women talking, it's tone was warm and gentle.

"Oh Miriam, I was here just yesterday," he whined smiling at the board leaning on it ever so slight. It let out a mild grunt.

"Get off me you big oaf. Plus you know time passes faster in this old place," it huffed rolling it's eyes. As it's eyes passed over, it finally noticed Enyo.

"Miriam, I have someone to introduce to you," he said stretching out his arm towards their guest "This is Enyo."

It's face lit up as if it had been waiting it's whole life to see her.

"My stars! It's an honor to meet you darling. This old geezer here would not-," before the chalk board could finish Tobi vcut it off.

"Miriam, I know how much you like to talk but I'm trying to teach about the Hux," he said in a soothing tone. It's facial expressions soften to match his tone. It could only sigh.

"Fine, I'll leave you to it then. It's not hard Enyo just try and grasp on to everything. And remember not everything is what it seems,"

Before Tobi could scold it for saying something so ominous, it's face dated from the chalkboard. Tobi huffed slightly at the old board and clapped.

"Now! Let's get into this," He said grabbing a piece of chalk from the tray attached to the board. He drew a large venn diagram with two circles. On one side he wrote "Physical" and in the other he wrote "Hux".