~7~

The four Marauders went to the Quidditch pitch early the next morning

The four Marauders went to the Quidditch pitch early the next morning. James gripped onto his broom as he flew as fast as he could and threw a quaffle through one of the three hoops at each end of the pitch. Watching him in the stands were Remus, Sirius, and Peter.

Peter watched in awe at how fast James could fly because he struggled with staying balanced even when he was close to the floor.

Finally, the boy flew down to the grass below which made the other three get up and head down to the changing rooms and wait outside for the boy to get changed into his uniform.

When James got out, Remus informed him of some information he had heard. "I heard Lily is gonna date that Ravenclaw boy." The tall boy said which made James' eyes widen. "Are you fucking serious!" He exclaimed.

"No, not yet," Remus replied which made both James and Sirius freeze still with their jaw fell open. He then winked at the dark-haired boy whose cheeks went a crimson colour for a moment. "Did you see that?" James asked the short boy beside him. "See what?" He replied with a confused look.

"Dammit Pete!"

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat in History of Magic, spinning her quill around her fingers to entertain herself rather than listening to the silver, transparent Professor.

Professor Binns who the only ghost who worked as a teacher in the school and had the most boring, monotone voice that could knock anyone out. Except for Lily Evans who had her hand up for every question he asked.

"Does anyone know when the Goblin Rebellion was?" The silver Professor asked the class who was half asleep. Asteria put up her hand, knowing she probably wouldn't be picked over the redhead girl. "Yes, Miss..." The Professor paused as he had forgotten her name, an event which occurred many times before.

"Parkinson." The Hufflepuff replied. "I wouldn't have guessed them from your tie," Binns said which paused the girl from saying the answer and made Evan Rosier and Severus Snape turn around and snicker. "1612," Asteria answered which made him nod before continuing on.

For the rest of the lesson the Hufflepuff stayed quiet, keeping her head low and she didn't put her hand up again. "She gets what she deserves after yesterday." She overheard Sirius Black whisper to James beside him. "And what did I do? Knock an unstable cauldron over on accident?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"You can call it an accident if you want," James replied as he crossed his arms. "That's probably what her parents called her," Sirius added which made them snicker. "And what kind of a name is Asteria. Sounds like a disease." The dark-haired boy laughed.

"And based on your family tree, you're probably full of them." She replied which made him glare at her with a scowl forming on his face.

-☘︎︎-

Later that day, Asteria found an empty staircase in one of the towers of the castle and sat on the windowsill, watching the orange sun hide behind the surrounding mountains.

She loved to watch the sunset however she couldn't see it from her own dormitory so a few years ago she realised that one of the towers in the school was hardly populated.

She sat sideways on the window sill with her legs pulled up to her chest and in her hands were two wooden knitting needless and beside her was a ball of wool which she was wrapping around the needles and through each other to hopefully form a new jumper since she had grown out of the others.

From a young age, she learned how to knit to make her own jumpers since her father never bought her any clothes. The most she would get was new dresses for balls so she resorted to scanning muggle towns for money to put for trousers or shirts but she made her own jumpers, blankets, pillows, teddies. She had even made a pot warmer for a plant in her dorm.

And over the years she got extremely good at it. One year, she even set the challenge of making Hagrid a Christmas jumper that used up 5 balls of yarn. Obviously, it didn't last long and was covered in dirt the next week but he enjoyed it nonetheless.

Suddenly, her arm moved which knocked the yarn ball off and allow it to go rolling down the staircase. "Fuck sake." She muttered as she jumped off and ran after the wool which continued to unravel.

Then it stopped suddenly by a black shoe.
Slowly, she looked up to meet eyes with the silver-haired Professor. "It's almost lights out. Why aren't you in bed?" McGonagall asked, peering down at her through her glasses. "I'll head there now Professor," Asteria said before picking up the yarn ball and hurrying back to the Hufflepuff common room.