~10~

It was now the weekend so Asteria woke up later than usual

It was now the weekend so Asteria woke up later than usual. She had made a deal with her father to write every few weeks, mostly to ensure she wasn't getting many detentions. Asteria didn't understand exactly why but it was fine for a pure-blood boy to mess around but unacceptable and shameful for a girl to do.

Therefore, the first thing she did was grab a random book to rest a piece of parchment on and write a letter to her father to inform him on how many points she had gained, lost, and how many detentions she had had.

After signing it, folding it, sliding it into an envelope, and sealing it with a wax seal, she placed it in her owl's beak and sent it off to deliver it down to Oxfordshire.

Then she pulled a jumper over her head and pajama bottoms and headed to the kitchens to make honey banana toast, her favourite breakfast food for years.

But because she had woken up later, there were a few students wandering the hallways including the Marauders. "Nice pyjamas Parkinson." James complimented sarcastically but she ignored the sarcasm. "Aw, thanks, Potter." She said with a fake smile. "I was being sarcastic," James replied which made her snicker and shake her head.

"Peter, do you want to study in the library later?" She asked the short boy who was surprised to hear his name. "No, he's doing a prank with us," James told the Hufflepuff. "My Peter, you've grown." She said sarcastically as she glared at James.

"Um... okay," Peter said which made her nod before walking towards the kitchens.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat at a desk in the library with Peter beside her, both scanning through the same book and scribbling down notes. Occasionally, she would pause to take a sip of tea that had been sweetened with honey.

"When did the fluxweed need to be picked?" The Gryffindor boy asked the Hufflepuff beside him. "A full moon I think." She replied before quickly scanning through the page and pointing at the answer to his question. "You got it right." He said. "You're really good at Potions." He complimented with a smile.

"Thanks. I'm sure you're good at a subject." Asteria replied with a slight grin as she put her quill down for a moment. "Not really." He replied with a shrug. "There must be something." She replied.

Because she was focused on her conversation with the dirty blond-haired boy, she didn't notice a snickering James and Sirius peering around the bookshelf nearby.

Suddenly, James stretched his arm out and flicked his wand which made a sudden waterfall above the Hufflepuff, soaking her through. Peter shrieked and jumped out of his chair whilst Asteria sat with her arms up as the wet clothes were uncomfortable.

Then she heard the familiar laughs of James and Sirius and let out a frustrated huff. She pushed the strands of hair that had stuck to her face behind her ear before looking down at their notes which were completely ruined.

"I hope you're happy with your friends Peter because you'll be re-writing these notes." She spat as she grabbed her coat and threw it around her before storming past him and out of the library and back to the Hufflepuff common room.

-☘︎︎-

Remus sat alone by the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room, his legs up on the coffee table as he flicked through a book until James and Sirius ran in laughing.

"What did you do?" The tall boy asked, interested as to why they were cackling. "We just soaked Parkinson with water," Sirius said, barely able to get his words out because he was gasping for air after laughing so hard.

"Why did you do that?" Remus asked with slightly furrowed brows. "Do you not find that funny?" James asked with a raised eyebrow. "She's a pureblood," James added with a shrug before looking over at Sirius with a confused face.

"You're a pureblood." Remus's replied which made him tut. "But she was taught up to believe blood-purity," James argued back. "So was Sirius." He pointed out which made James let out a frustrated huff. "But he left it. She hasn't." James said and Remus stayed silent because he was tired of protesting against the boy.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria stood in front of the gold frame mirror in the bathroom, staring at her soaked curls and shirt. The whites of her eyes had gone red and started to sting. The front of her eyebrows started to point upwards as she wiped her eyes and turned the hot and cold tap for a bath.

But as she waited for the bath to fill, she leaned on the sink and stared at herself again. Growing up she had little photos of her mother as her father had taken them down after her death but she was constantly told how much she looked like her. And, although her memory was hazy, she remembered her mother as looking incredibly similar to herself.

Then she fetched a fresh towel and some pajamas to sleep in before carefully getting into the warm bath herself.