~15~

Most of the leaves of the trees surrounding the school had fallen off, covering the grass like a layer of fire

Most of the leaves of the trees surrounding the school had fallen off, covering the grass like a layer of fire. Asteria woke up slightly later than usual due to the late sun so she didn't have much time to get ready.

She flung her blankets off and left the common room for the kitchens to make herself a cup of tea. But when she left her common room, she bumped into a dark-haired Slytherin boy.

"Asteria," He called out. "I'm sorry." He continued as he looked down at the floor. "It's okay Reg." She told the boy before she ruffled up his hair which made him scowl. "I just did my hair!"

Asteria then chuckled as she continued walking to the kitchens. So Asteria began to boil some water before pouring it into a cup with a single tea bag. After it steeped, she took the teabag out and sweetened the drink with a drizzle of honey.

After downing the drink, she hurried to her Potions class which was when she saw a Gryffindor girl with brown hair and a fringe. Her arms were full of books but they wobbled side to side as she walked.

Suddenly, the tower toppled over onto the floor. Alice fell to her knees to pick the books up which was when Asteria hurried over and picked up a few books before holding them up for the girl to take.

"Thanks." The Gryffindor said with a warm smile. "No worry," Asteria replied as she brushed down her legs. "We're having a Halloween party tonight. Do you what to come?" Alice asked with a hopeful grin.

Asteria hummed and she looked around the empty hallway in thought. "I don't think that's a great idea." The Hufflepuff replied which made her scoff. "Oh stop it! It'll be fun!" The chocolate brown-haired girl exclaimed.

"If you say so," Asteria replied with a slight shrug which made Alice jump around excitedly. "It'll be fun! I promise!" She shouted as she hurried off down the corridor.

Asteria chuckle lightly before continuing to her Potions class which was almost late. That lesson they had to actually make a successful Polyjucie Potion which she was dreading as Peter had gotten around to rewriting all the notes which James and Sirius have ruined.

She swung her bag off of her shoulder and onto the floor before jumping up onto the stool and tapping on the wooden desk. "Morning students." Slughorn greeted with a welcoming smile. "As you know, you will be making the Polyjucie Potions which you will be assessed on." The Potions master added as he picked up a glass bottle of a potion he had already made.
"You may begin."

Asteria found it rather difficult to focus on the potion with James and Sirius giggling like children behind them. "What's next then?" Peter asked the Hufflepuff who quickly checked the recipe in the book. "Knotgrass." She said before glancing behind her at James who overheard and glared at her.

"Potter, would you like to put some in?" She asked with a smirk as she picked up some of the plants and held it close to the boy. "Get it away!" James shouted before quickly hitting the plant out of her hand and onto the cold stone floor.

Asteria then checked the next ingredient, running her finger down the parchment but when she turned to tell Peter the next step, he had already put something in but this turned the potion that was meant to be a dull green a bright blue colour.

"Oops," Peter muttered. James looked over at the table and watched Asteria, expecting her to become infuriated with the boy. However, she didn't and just shrugged. "Let's just hope we don't have to drink it." The Hufflepuff chuckle made Peter let out a sigh of relief and nod in agreement.