~26~

As the Polyjuice potion assignment was over, Asteria had gone back to sitting alone in Potions

As the Polyjuice potion assignment was over, Asteria had gone back to sitting alone in Potions. She drummed her fingers on the edge of the desk rather than listening to the Professor at the front of the room.

Occasionally she would glance around the room and inspect the labels of ingredients for potions. Then, from the corner of her dark eyes, she noticed James staring at her from the desk behind her.

She turned around to face the boy with furrowed eyebrows. "What are you staring at Potter?" She asked the boy to roll his eyes. Sirius leaned into the boys ear to whisper. "Ignore her. She's just bitter you have a mother."

Asteria picked up her wand which was laying on her desk and flicked it. "Wingardium leviosa." She announced which made the desk on the boy's desk levitate into the air before dropping on the dark-haired boy's head with a thud.

"Detention Miss Parkinson," Slughorn announced which made her turn around and let out a huff, already knowing she would get a letter from her father about it.

"As I was saying, you would not want this potion to come in contact with water." The Professor began again.

Remus, who was sat at the desk beside James and Sirius, accidentally knocked his inkpot over onto his book. "Fuck!" He shouted when the ink started to spread. "Who said that?" The Professor then asked. "James, you need to watch your language!" Remus exclaimed to the stuttering boy beside him.

"Detention Mr Potter. Does anyone else want to join them?" Slughorn asked the class. "Come on Pads," James whispered to the boy beside him. "No, I have plans with Moony to-"

"I don't want to know." James interrupted before letting out a huff.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria rubbed her eyes as she walked into the trophy room for her detention, hoping that James was given a different detention task. But she let out an annoyed huff when she saw the messy-haired boy stood in front of a shelf with a golden trophy in his hands.

She caught his attention when she threw her bag onto a nearby table and wandered over to the shelves on the opposite side of the room. The two students stood in silence polishing the many trophies.

"Not very talkative you," James said, filling in the silence as he looked at the girl. "Or maybe I don't want to waste energy talking to you." She replied with a shrug, staring into the trophy she was polishing.

James rolled his eyes before turning back. For the rest of the detention, the room was silent apart from James whistling the Hogwarts song. McGonagall then walked into the room and cleared her throat which made them look over. "Your detention is over." She announced which made Asteria hurry to her bag and walk out.

James also left and had to walk down the same hallways as the Hufflepuff girl. "Could you not of walked the other way?" She asked the boy who was waking up beside her. "Do you think that I came here because you were?" He asked which made her roll her eyes.

He then searched through his pocket and pulled out a box of cigarettes which he flicked open with his thumb and picked one up between his teeth. He then used his other hand to take it out of his mouth before holding the box out for the girl.

"No thanks." She replied as she pushed the box away from her which made him furrow his eyebrows. "I'm surprised." James said as he put the box back into his pocket and used a lighter to light the end of the cigarette.

"My mother always warned me against them." She replied, looking up at the passing amour stands. "Was she nice?" James asked the girl. "Are you writing an essay on me or something?" She asked with a slight hiss before turning the corner to the Hufflepuff common room.