~27~

It was a freezing Saturday morning and Asteria spend most of the morning covered in several blankets but she was still freezing

It was a freezing Saturday morning and Asteria spend most of the morning covered in several blankets but she was still freezing. There were many negatives to the Hufflepuff common room being in the basement of the school and this included that it was boiling in the summer and freezing in the winter.

When her body had finally heated up, her stomach started to rumble and growl at her as she had missed lunch. She let out a frustrated huff that she needed to get out her warm haven of blankets and even debated about bringing one to the Great Hall.

She ended up deciding against it and instead got dressed. Asteria had to wear a new jumper which she had recently knitted as her other one had been ripped by Buckbeak.

After getting changed, she headed to the Great Hall as she was too tired to make herself honey banana toast. When she walked into the hall, Remus Lupin was sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table which was by the door.

"Nice jumper," He complimented the girl with a slight nod. "Um... thanks." She replied awkwardly, surprised that he complimented her jumper. Asteria continued down to the Hufflepuff table and swung her legs under.

"Why are you being nice to her? You're not the one losing Quidditch." James whispered to the tallboy sat opposite him. "Are we just forgetting that she fixed that cut on your leg?" Remus asked with a raised eyebrows.

"It wasn't me. I was a deer." He replied to the boy who rolled his eyes. "She wouldn't have done that if she knew it was me." He added as he glared at the Hufflepuff girl who was quietly eating cereal.

"Why should I be nice to her if she isn't nice to me?" James then asked. "You sound so childish," Remus replied before cutting his toast into four slices and spreading jam across one.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat in the stands of the Quidditch pitch after agreeing to keep Regulus company whilst he practiced. She snickered at the boy who almost fell off his broom. "Let's hope you don't do that during a match." She laughed which made him roll his bed.

He then let go of a golden snitch and started to chase it around in an attempt to catch it. "Fuck sake," Asteria muttered when she noticed a group of students in red jerseys walk onto the pitch with their brooms.

"Black, it's the Gryffindor team practicing today," James told the boy who slowly started to fly down to the grass. Asteria then got up and hurried down the stairs to the Slytherin's side.

"I don't remember your team being on the router." She said to the boy with an eyebrow raised. "But 7 overtakes 2," James replied with a smirk. "Maybe we would get off if you weren't such an arse." The Hufflepuff hissed at the boy.

"Maybe you should stop being a stuck-up prick," James smirked. Asteria clenched her jaw as she focused on throwing her arm forward and punching the boy in the nose which made him stumble backward.

"Come on Reg." She stormed away and grabbed the shocked Slytherin before dragging him off the pitch. "Why did you do that?" Regulus asked the older girl. "He was being a dick." She replied with a shrug.

"He'll snitch to Mcgonagall or something and you'll get a detention. I know about the horrid letters your father sends when you get one." The Slytherin boy told the girl who sighed. "Then I'll have a detention and have to deal with the letter."