Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Desolation

Chapter Twenty-Seven: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓.
word count; 5.0k

"What was that?"

"What was what?!" you snapped. Adrenaline still tracked itself intensely throughout your entire body, a fierce and hostile wrath reigning over your actions and emotions, contorting your face underneath your mask into an aggrieved glare. With you one big, raging step ahead of Cobb Vanth who strives to pursue you, you approached the small-scale fire the group was previously camping at—although what with all the commotion from five minutes ago, everyone had disappeared from it.

"That back there!" Cobb raised an emerald beskar-clad arm, towards the direction in which that pestering fight occurred. It was evident that he was dominated by his own slice of annoyance and exasperation as well, considering you hadn't even offered the slightest bit of information for him other than don't say my name in front of Mando and I need to get away from him as soon as possible. But that was nothing compared to the fury fuming within your heaving chest. "You know what I mean— do you know each other?"

"Obviously!" You continued down the course that led to your campfire, weaving swiftly through the several tents set up by the Tuskens. You released an irritated groan, fingers curling up and forming a strictly clenched fist as you attempted to suppress the anger threatening to escape from within you. "Why else would I have wanted to leave so quickly?! Cobb, this is exactly why I didn't want to come—"

A scoff was audible from behind you. "Maybe if you'd bothered to fill me in on the situation, I would've—"

"That's none of your damn business, alright?" you barked, whirling around to face him—though the visor of your dark-colored mask prevented true eye contact with the chocolate hues in his eyes. You urged yourself to wind down a bit in fear of awaking the remaining Tuskens any further. Disgruntled grunts were already discernible, indicating you'd annoyed quite a few of them—and so you gradually lowered your voice. "We had a past I'd prefer not to talk about. It's nothing of your concern."

A sigh escaped from Cobb's lips. "What were you doing all the way over there, then? Why did you disappear?"

"I left to escape from all that arguing—it was ticking me off!" You set a hand on your hip, leaning your weight onto one leg. "Apparently, I couldn't escape from that... Plus, I had to drink that— that stinky melon thing. I didn't need Mando seeing my face... looks like I couldn't avoid that either." You let out a vexed puff of breath, shaking your head as your mind raced and struggle to provide yourself a solution to all this. Then, "I'm heading back to town. I need to leave."

"No, we need your help with the Krayt dragon," Cobb instantly denied the idea, clearly disliking it. "I need your help. You know I don't wanna do this alone with Mando."