𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗛 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥

SIXTH YEAR
"—𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾: 𝖳𝗈𝗆 𝖱𝗂𝖽𝖽𝗅𝖾."

—"HOGWARTS," SCOFFED DRACO MALFOY, "WHAT A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A SCHOOL

—"HOGWARTS," SCOFFED DRACO MALFOY, "WHAT A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A SCHOOL." It was the 1st of September again and the students were all on the Hogwarts Express— going back to school. "I think I'd pitch myself off the Astronomy tower if I thought that I'd have to continue for another two years."

Pansy frowned at Draco's words. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked in confusion.

She had decided to sit with Alexandria, Draco, and Blaise instead of her girlfriend— who was helping a first year. Honestly, it was surprising Daphne wasn't a Hufflepuff.

"Let's just say you won't be seeing me wasting my time in charms class next year," replied Draco, looking at the window.

Blaise tried to cover his laugh with a cough.

"Amused, Blaise?" Draco glared at him. "We'll see who's laughing in the end."

Alexandria, who was sitting next to Draco and hadn't said a word, finally looked at them— more specifically, Blaise.

She wrinkled her nose in disgust when he gave her a flirtatious look.

"Don't look at her like that." snapped Draco.

Blaise rolled his eyes and stood up, walking away from their compartment.

Pansy also stood up, giving Alexandria a smile and walking out of there, leaving the two alone.

Draco laid down, his head on Alexandria's lap. "Do you mind?" He asked, worried about her comfort.

"Not at all," Alexandria shook her head, starting to play with his hair.

Draco was about to say something, but looked up when he heard their luggage moving.

He silently made eye contact with Alexandria, who noticed the same thing he did.

A few hours later when they had finally reached their destination and the train stopped, Draco and Alexandria stood up, waiting for everyone else to leave the train.

When they were sure the train was empty, Draco pulled his wand out and pointed it at the seemingly empty space between their luggages. "Petrificus Totalus!"

A thump made Alexandria frown as she walked over to it and pulled something off of the person. "Weasley?" She asked in confusion and shock, now holding an invisibility cloak.

Ron Weasley, who was now on the ground, tried to sneer, but the spell on him didn't let him do so, nor did it let him move at all.

"Can we kill him?" asked Alexandria suddenly, ignoring Weasley's flinch.

Draco shook his head reluctantly. "No. It'd cause unnecessary attention. Let's just leave him there."

She put the invisibility's cloak back on the boy on the ground and nodded, walking over to Draco.

He held her hand and walked out of the train.

"Very best of evenings to you all," Dumbledore's voice boomed throughout the now-silent Great Hall.

Alexandria frowned, noticing his black hand. "What's that?" She whispered to Draco, nodding towards the man, then rolling her eyes when she noticed that Ron Weasley was somehow in the Gryffindor table.

Draco, who was staring at the table and paying attention to nothing except her, looked up and frowned. "What do you think happened?"

"I dunno, but it doesn't seem pretty."

"First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master." Dumbledore pointed to a man at the end of the teachers' table. "Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape."

The Slytherins shared excited looks and clapped for their new DADA teacher, knowing how much he wanted the position.

"As you know, each and every one of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man. Like you, sat in this very hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Slept under it's roof. You see, to all the world, a student like any other. His name: Tom Riddle." Dumbledore continued, ignoring how most students gasped and looked at Alexandria. "Today of course, is known all over the world by another name.
Which is why as I stand, looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps... dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, that greatest weapon... is you. Just something to think about. Now off to bed, beep beep."

"Did he just ask hundreds of students to fight?" questioned Draco in disbelief as he stood up with the other students.

"Seems so," mumbled Alexandria.